Cap and Trade Bill?? What the heck is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I just saw a commercial on the 'Cap and Trade Bill' that is trying to be passed. This sounds awful!! What is it, and is it as bad as it sounds?

Quote:
Yes, it is as bad as it sounds.

your power bill could go as high as triple what you are paying now.

they want to get rid of a lot of the cheaper sources of power and go with "cleaner" sources - which sounds great, but it's gonna cost us big time.

meri

Its a horrible deal. Be warned, this is close to a political thread and we may get reprimanded for it. I know you didnt post it in a political light but it is for sure a political subject that some people get eggcited about. Opinions vary wildly on this one. I for one am glad you are curious about it. Keep looking.

My understanding by what power reps have told us is power bills will go up by at least 40%. And this means business also, along with higher bills we are looking at losing more jobs. And every consumable will go up in time.

Quote:
Just don't let's start a big debate over it, and it won't get closed
smile.png

Quote:
And this is supposed to help the economy how?? Crazy, I can see wanting to improve the environment, but there has to be a better way! Why don't they offer bigger incentives for people to use solar or wind power? That would make sense
sad.png
Our electric bill is already about $400 in the winter, if it went up we'll probably have to use oil lamps. How would that help the environment?

For more factual info I suggest online research in areas that will not be just personal opinions, as well as reading up on it in newspapers. The one thing I have found is that if you ask in a group of people, you get opinions and personal impressions- and if you read online and/or in newspapers, you get what the infamous "they" want you to see. Really a lose/lose situation unless you are part of the inner circles. It's hard to really get to the truth.

Frustrates me daily. Good question though, hope it doesn't get too hot to handle here.

That's all a bunch of propaganda put out by the power companies that don't want to spend their profits to clean up their plants.

The oil and coal companies have soooo much money, and they want to keep it that way. If they have to get upgrades to make their plants pollute less- they have to spend money and hire people to do the work.

There is NO reason why your power bill would go up if power plants were MORE efficient.

There are so many jobs that would be created with upgrades as well.

You can learn alot from this site : www.carbonfund.org

ETA: It's not just the power companies- it lots of big polluting businesses.

Last edited:
Quote:
And this is supposed to help the economy how?? Crazy, I can see wanting to improve the environment, but there has to be a better way! Why don't they offer bigger incentives for people to use solar or wind power? That would make sense
sad.png
Our electric bill is already about $400 in the winter, if it went up we'll probably have to use oil lamps. How would that help the environment?

I told sammy if it passes he may have to put his bedroom over in our house - he uses more power than we do. That means he'd have to take the hatching/brooding room
sad.png

hopefully it won't pass. I'm not holding my breath for it to die, though
sad.png

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
sad.png

I told sammy if it passes he may have to put his bedroom over in our house - he uses more power than we do. That means he'd have to take the hatching/brooding room
sad.png

hopefully it won't pass. I'm not holding my breath for it to die, though
sad.png

Or he could always get a job
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom