Cap and Trade Bill?? What the heck is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH is still an employee of a power company (the power plant end of it) here in Illinois, and I can remember him saying 25 years ago, that if we don't start standing up to these power companies and telling them NO, they are going to own us. Sounds like that is just the way its going to go, if this passes. I am actually glad you did post this thread, I can't see anyone making it political because WHO wants to pay anywhere from 40%+ for their power. But, I wasn't aware of it. Is this a national or region thing? Scary. If this would happen, think of what we are going to have to give up, just everyday things, not special things. Satellite TV, DSL, home phones . . .food, gas, its going to trickle down and affect every single one of us, regardless of who we are. It's crazy. We need to get ahold of our congressmen and senators and tell them NO more!!!

Quote:
Just another reason to go off-grid. We're pratically carbon-neutral, our business as well. You don't have to spend $10k on solar panels. Implement passive solar, build your own turbine, recycle your grey water, buy a tankless water heater.......

Quote:
I knew there was another reason I liked you ...
smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, why don't they? If it were REALLY about going "green" or being cleaner, they would.

But who is making money when we use solar and wind power? Nobody.

Quote:
Yeah, why don't they? If it were REALLY about going "green" or being cleaner, they would.

But who is making money when we use solar and wind power? Nobody.

There are tons of rebates for making your home more efficient. There are also grants available from individual states. I applied for a grant for turbines (for my business) but they buried me in paperwork. I just was not organized enough to complete it. Maybe this year if I get all my books in order......

Some of the stimulus money is supposed to be going to create green jobs. I know Ohio was getting lots of business form wind power companies. I think Michigan too. It won't be long before things are more affordable.

Sorry- should have added this before:

Harbor Freight and Northern Tool,and I'm sure other companies- sell small solar panels and items like shed lights really cheap! It's a great way to get your feet wet with alternative energy.
big_smile.png

Quote:
First we have to take a look at the source "treehugger" there is the first indication of something awry. Adding more taxes NEVER saved anybody any money that is simply unfeasable. And when reading the article if a person goes back over a couple times it becomes clear the savings are supposed to be in the additional taxes by the supposed lower emissions so it is actually saving on the taxes already stuck to us.

Taxing causes one reliable effect, the spending of more dollars several fold than the taxes taken in. In other words the more we give them the more they spend. The added burden will actually cause more pollution. More people will heat their homes with wood and waste oil fuel. A waste oil furnace can be built for under $100 solar panels are well over $1000 to actually heat anything other than a cup of coffee. Not hard to figure out, not to mention the families that might burn to death or starve because they can't pay their power bill.

Quote:
First we have to take a look at the source "treehugger" there is the first indication of something awry. Adding more taxes NEVER saved anybody any money that is simply unfeasable. And when reading the article if a person goes back over a couple times it becomes clear the savings are supposed to be in the additional taxes by the supposed lower emissions so it is actually saving on the taxes already stuck to us.

Taxing causes one reliable effect, the spending of more dollars several fold than the taxes taken in. In other words the more we give them the more they spend. The added burden will actually cause more pollution. More people will heat their homes with wood and waste oil fuel. A waste oil furnace can be built for under $100 solar panels are well over $1000 to actually heat anything other than a cup of coffee. Not hard to figure out, not to mention the families that might burn to death or starve because they can't pay their power bill.

I'm not sure Discovery's Treehugger is exactly "radical". Is Planet Green as well?
Since when is it a crime to be eco-conscious?
I guess if you don't have kids or grandkids and you don't care if they have air and stuff like that .....
lau.gif

OK-here's Planet Green's take: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/work-connect/cap-trade-gift-polluters.html?campaign=daylife-article

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, we do.

The sources saying the price will go skyrocketing are biased.

The sources saying the prices will lower are biased.

Looking at the actual language though, those saying the prices will go skyrocketing reek of 'omg panic' while those saying the prices will lower back their sources and show the math in addition to a bit of wishful thinking.

That said, being that the power companies have shown a vindictive streak, the prices probably will go up in retaliation for being made to clean up their acts, and the fact that will increase their profit margin certainly would make them happy.

In a lot of cases those evil power companies are part of local or state government depending on the area. Rural power supplies tend to be co-ops, the information I received was from our local co-op. Though at one time I worked as a security consultant for a power company run by a large city. I just love how a multi millionaire politician who made 100 million dollars off of a scam is putting out these lies about power companies.

If a gooberment power company is evil then I would assume the gooberment is evil also. This is 'get in your face' fear tactics to blame any resistance to taxes on evil corporations, either insurance companies, power companies, and now even beverage companies, and McDonalds. When it is all said and done it is about taxing the middle class while calling blaming it on the rich. Using jealousy to incite and keep control and power for generations. When will we wake up!

What ever happened to the promise of no new or tax increases on middle income?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom