CC's Coturnix Color Chat Thread Directory

Right, so what are these 2 then?
I thought the dark one is Tibetan? The white one is some Jumbo, mixed with something..? Both are 17 days old. Apparently I cannot feather-sex either, right?

IMG_20190913_084948.jpg
IMG_20190913_084951.jpg
IMG_20190913_085020.jpg
IMG_20190913_085037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_085047.jpg
    IMG_20190913_085047.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 0
@CoturnixComplex , @mixedUPturk ... Anybody..can you help me with the above two chicks?

No ma'am im sorry i looked before but i couldnt say for sure what color variety that is it is unknown to me. The red coming into the breast in the second quailie looks rather masculine but i also cant speak to that exactly either. That second one also doesnt look like Tibetans found in the states heres a pic of my breeding roo. He is much darker in actuality but i put him in the light to get as much of the markings as possible to show up. He looks almost black in the shade.
20190824_121347.jpg

@Maiahr Sorry, this is my "busy season" by a long shot, I get worse about responding quickly until after new year's!

I think the first bird has both recessive/english white genes (which A&M do carry, but that's a super specific line that has to be traceable to their stock to technically be called those) and golden genes, meaning he's a golden italian/manchurian bird underneath with incomplete white coverage.

The dark one is definitely somewhere between Tibetan and Rosetta in terms of coloring and you can probably get away with calling him either. I do not know his actual underlying genotype. :idunno

Haha, TEMPORARY PROJECT HALT!

I got hung up on feeling like I already mucked up the format/some of the info too.

I am going to make a new thread where we can try to suss out exactly how the colors should be divided up with some input from people who know more than me. That seems like a good first step. xD

Back
Top Bottom