Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Terry what a fantastic job on the coop.

I know you have planned for this but what are you going to do for shade for the hens?

Thank you! The run will have the same metal roofing as the coop and I'm installing lattice panels on the south side of the run.

Last edited:
So tonight we decide that we are going to change the bedding and expand the brooder box. I had made provision for this by cutting one side in half and sliding another box over the first when we first set up the border. Easy enough. I added a couple of new pieces of firewood for their entertainment. All seemed well. Everybody needed a big snack after being out in a little box while we worked on their home.

25929533403_cf41f68f99_c.jpg

Everything seemed normal...

26259562690_700da59436_c.jpg

Until bed time. They had no clue that they had the same MHP that they have always have. They were all piled up in one corner. We literally had to catch every one of them and not only put them in the MHP but force them to stay there. Eventually their little brains kicked in and they all stayed under quietly chirping themselves to sleep like they always do. Chickens are weird.

Last edited:
#7 made amazing progress today. We gave her a couple of rounds of NutriDrench this morning and she ate a little bit of crumble moistened with the ND solution. When I got home from work she was under the MHP. I held her and gave her some more ND. I put her back in the brooder and she took right off!!! She still has some episodes but they were short and she recovered quickly. Here she is eating and jumping up on the MPH with the other girls.
smile.png
She's got a long way to go but we are much more hopeful today!!

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom