Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Nicest setup and construction i've seen yet. You should be proud.

If you are looking for one more thing to keep the girls occupied in the run, i'd highly suggest a chicken swing. Our girls love ours, and your run looks like it has plenty of space for one.

Nicest setup and construction i've seen yet. You should be proud.

If you are looking for one more thing to keep the girls occupied in the run, i'd highly suggest a chicken swing. Our girls love ours, and your run looks like it has plenty of space for one.

Curious, how high up ropes are attached...regarding how far and fast can that thing swing when one jumps off.
Most the swings I've seen are not used much and can be a ducking hazard that freaks them out.
Starting them off young seems to be key.

Curious, how high up ropes are attached...regarding how far and fast can that thing swing when one jumps off.
Most the swings I've seen are not used much and can be a ducking hazard that freaks them out.
Starting them off young seems to be key.
The ropes go all the way up to the top of the run. It's hard to see here, but the ropes go through the wood before being wrapped around it. The swing itself is maybe 3' off the ground, so no need to duck. The wood is fairly dense and heavy (oak limb), so it only swings maybe 8 inches when they jump off. If two are on there and one jumps off, it probably only moves an inch or two.

Sorry for sidetracking your post Terry! ;-)

The ropes go all the way up to the top of the run. It's hard to see here, but the ropes go through the wood before being wrapped around it.  The swing itself is maybe 3' off the ground, so no need to duck. The wood is fairly dense and heavy (oak limb), so it only swings maybe 8 inches when they jump off. If two are on there and one jumps off, it probably only moves an inch or two. 

Sorry for sidetracking your post Terry!  ;-)

Not a sidetrack at all. I was contemplating making one but had the same questions @aart had. I'm going to do it now and see how they like it.

Back
Top Bottom