Cheryl's Hen House...

Pics
Cheryl and I were hanging out with the girls tonight. Just listening to them and watching them run around. Never even crossed my mind that we would enjoy their company this much when this all began.
so much on chicken TV
celebrate.gif
much better than cable
turkey TV is even more fun LOL

Add in 5 dogs and a couple dozen squirrels. The dogs chase the squirrels, the squirrels chase the chickens, the chickens chase the dogs. This has been an entertaining summer.

Yeah, I remember you saying you were just doing all this to make Cheryl happy. But who is the one who has become the chicken forum addict?
1f609.png

I am just a forum addict in general. No better place to research and interact with like minded people. I participate in quite a few forums that cover my hobbies/interests. I do love the chickens though. Cheryl is a very private person. She would never venture into forum land. :)

They are fascinating.

We just stood in the coop last night and watched them work out their positions on the roosts. So funny to observe that process. I build them 18' of roost and they all pile on top of each other in 18" instead.

I'll be more fascinated when we start getting some eggs!!!

Quote: I Know, Right!? I wish they'd spread out, sure would make manure 'drying' management more efficient.

I've got one (maybe two) pullets laying at 20 weeks......
......one or two older birds laying thin/soft shellers that are getting broken so a nest cleaning happens almost every day, SHM.
Other older birds are molting, or getting ready to, so eggs are very scarce compared to usual...customers not too keen on rationing.
Ooops, whiny rant over.

I Know, Right!?  I wish they'd spread out, sure would make manure 'drying' management more efficient.

I've got one (maybe two) pullets laying at 20 weeks......
......one or two older birds laying thin/soft shellers that are getting broken so a nest cleaning happens almost every day, SHM.
Other older birds are molting, or getting ready to, so eggs are very scarce compared to usual...customers not too keen on rationing.
Ooops, whiny rant over.

Chickens are weird. :D

And so the deep litter in the run has begun. 10 wheel barrow loads of this beautiful ground tree material in the run this morning.

Didn't make much of a dent in the pile so we have lots more to add as we go.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom