chicken and beetles

lotsofloveforchickens

Songster
5 Years
Mar 17, 2018
I heard that spraying beetles that get into my chicken pen with dawn dish soap and water will kill them. If my chickens should eat the dead beetles that were sprayed could they get sick?

x2 - they are a great source of both fun and protein for your girls to hunt and eat. It will keep them occupied and give them a treat !
I let them get the ones they see during the day, but they come out by the hundreds at night after the chickens are sleeping. you hardly ever see them in the daytime.

I let them get the ones they see during the day, but they come out by the hundreds at night after the chickens are sleeping. you hardly ever see them in the daytime.
You need to go to Home depot and get flashlights you can strap on your head.Then give one to each of your chicken.They will enjoy night hunting with flashlights strapped to their heads.

I heard that spraying beetles that get into my chicken pen with dawn dish soap and water will kill them. If my chickens should eat the dead beetles that were sprayed could they get sick?

If dish soap is bad for chickens what is it doing to your health when you keep washing your dirty dishes over and over? I almost expect some health guru MD to come out and advocate that we stop washing our bodies, our eating utensils, and our clothes because soap is "toxic" and filth is good for us. :barnie:th:oops:

You need to go to Home depot and get flashlights you can strap on your head.Then give one to each of your chicken.They will enjoy night hunting with flashlights strapped to their heads.
that's funny I kind of did that! I had a flashlight and brought my hen out with me and she had a ball. I just don't want to have to do this every night

Back
Top Bottom