Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
That's great. So, with the Partridge Silkies, are you gonna be working on color quality, or overall body structure?

I'm hoping I do get a few nice coloured partridges, slightly more improved. However, when showing it's the overall type and structure that gets the most points and is what judges prefer. Surprisingly they are not overly fussed on the colour as such if it's lacking a little.

Type on my birds needs to get better, particularly with the whites though, the partridges aren't too bad.

It'll be a fun one to focus on!

I'm hoping I do get a few nice coloured partridges, slightly more improved. However, when showing it's the overall type and structure that gets the most points and is what judges prefer. Surprisingly they are not overly fussed on the colour as such if it's lacking a little.

Type on my birds needs to get better, particularly with the whites though, the partridges aren't too bad.

It'll be a fun one to focus on!
I'm gonna attempt, to try improving Partridge Silkie color by using my Partridge silkie cockerel, & my Red JungleFowl.

I'm gonna attempt, to try improving Partridge Silkie color by using my Partridge silkie cockerel, & my Red JungleFowl.

Worth a try! You'll have to post the results of what you get :)

One of my partridge hens is pretty much the correct colour except her crest. It's not an all black crest but the brown that's in it could be a bit lighter ideally.

Here they are, my main focus...

The breeding pens:
View attachment 1991430
View attachment 1991431
View attachment 1991432

The partridges:
There is three all together, one new one which I purchased recently, a hen which I bought a while back and then one of her home bred chicks.
View attachment 1991422
View attachment 1991423
View attachment 1991416
View attachment 1991417
View attachment 1991418
View attachment 1991419

The pure whites:
Three of these also (not including the male) one which I recently purchased, another which I've had a while and then a Pullet I hatched that's from a different mother.
View attachment 1991421
View attachment 1991424
View attachment 1991428
View attachment 1991429

The male:
This male here is a new one I bought along with two females (one being his daughter) he will be bred with both the partridges and the whites.
View attachment 1991420
View attachment 1991425
View attachment 1991426
View attachment 1991427

Now I've got to decide...

Do I breed partridges first or whites first? :confused:
Beautiful!

Worth a try! You'll have to post the results of what you get :)

One of my partridge hens is pretty much the correct colour except her crest. It's not an all black crest but the brown that's in it could be a bit lighter ideally.
I will post results when I get to it.
So, Moorhead is what you're looking for, or is that the correct head coloration Partridge Silkie hens supposed have?

If my girl is a dwarf she’s outlived the odds because she lays she a small egg almost every day it hasn’t the same color/speckles as a turkey egg!
She's a very lucky one to live passed that stage as a dwarf which is amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom