Chicken Breeding Projects, For 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fur-N-Fowl

Fluffy Dinosaur Breeder
Premium member
May 25, 2019
UK
What lovely pictures! Your darker chick in your other post actually looks like some of the American partridge Silkie chicks, which turn out much darker.
Thankyou! :D

Ah that's great to hear, I really do hope it stays dark in colour. I do want to darken my partridges a bit more so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :fl

MysteryChicken

Crowing
May 31, 2018
East, Tawas Michigan
Jul 17, 2019
Holland, MI
I want to do a breeding “project”, but the problem is I may end up with more roosters like mine... The only roo I have (And may ever have of his breed-) is an absolute jerk...

If I don’t hatch randomly, here’s the possible mixed breeds between my chickens...

Possible combos -
Amberlink (pure)
Amberlink x Rhode Island Red (technically just an Amberlink with more RIR)
Amberlink x Easter Egger (Possible green-egg layer coming from this.)
Amberlink x White Leghorn (technically just an Amberlink, but with more WLH)
Amberlink x Silver Laced Wyandotte (may be VERY pretty...)
Amberlink x Plymouth Blue Rock (This is actually, well, technically, 4 different breeds mixed!)
Amberlink x (Blue mix with unspecified breed.)

I will be hatching 5 chicks this spring to expand my free-ranging flock of 12. (Any suggestions on what I should try incubating?)

RoostersAreAwesome

Free Ranging
May 21, 2017
I want to do a breeding “project”, but the problem is I may end up with more roosters like mine... The only roo I have (And may ever have of his breed-) is an absolute jerk...

If I don’t hatch randomly, here’s the possible mixed breeds between my chickens...

Possible combos -
Amberlink (pure)
Amberlink x Plymouth Blue Rock (This is actually, well, technically, 4 different breeds mixed!)

I will be hatching 5 chicks this spring to expand my free-ranging flock of 12. (Any suggestions on what I should try incubating?)
Personality is hereditary, so you definitely shouldn't use your rooster for breeding.

BarefootHomestead33

In the Brooder
Aug 28, 2019

Possible combos -
Amberlink (pure)

Since amberlinks don't breed true, anything you hatch will be a mutt so to speak. I have 4 juveniles I hatched from amberlink eggs with an amberlink rooster and each one looks completely different. They aren't the same color or even sizes. There's a small white one with black spots, a large rust one, one that actually looks like an amberlink, and a solid white one it was a fun experiment to see what I'd get and Speckles is just as sweet as her daddy ❤❤❤
I definitely agree not to breed the roo of he's a jerk. My big amberlink boy Russell is a total softy but his brother Charles went in the freezer after attacking my 4yo twice

MysteryChicken

Crowing
May 31, 2018
East, Tawas Michigan

Possible combos -
Amberlink (pure)

Do you have a different Rooster you can use for breeding, who isn't a jerk? The jerkiness from the father will pass down to the male offspring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom