Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Maybe save up for it or ask to get it as a gift or something
I'm not sure I can save up that much money. If I asked my parents to get it for me as a gift, I won't get it, cuz they don't want to spend that much money on a book.

We are going to continue breeding the Golden Comet / Well Summer hybrids. They make a beautiful rooster that seems to be doing well. His health is great and he is gentle with the ladies.
We have 25 Dorkings arriving soon. We want to see how they do as egg layers and meat birds.
We have 3 Appleyards left from an original order of 6. Unfortunately a fox got one of the Appleyard hens the other day so the drake is down to only two hens. We plan to harvest this drake and let the Khaki Campbell drake take over the two hens. If anyone has made any Khaki Yards I would love to hear their take on this combo. We got the Appleyards because they are "in danger" or just not that many flocks left. The ducks are beautiful but they run around 10 pounds. They lay an egg that is smaller than a Khaki Campbells egg and eat a lot. Also, they are aggressive. The Appleyard Drake is trying to breed with a 20 pound African Goose. Which the male goose does not take to well.
The two African Geese are breeding now. No eggs yet but they are going through the motions. We hope to hatch out a bunch of geese once she starts laying.

EDIT: Just attached a pic of the rooster. His name is Riker. His daddy was a Wellsummer and his momma was a Golden Comet. He is the secondary rooster with a total of 17 hens running around. The primary rooster is his daddy and is named Jean-Luc.

Attachments

• KIMG0581.JPG
    KIMG0581.JPG
    803.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am hatching these eggs from Meyers:
Legbar
welsummer
partridge rock
LO
olive egger
BA
BO
SS

I may order these eggs from 3 good reasons farm, BCM.

I may set some of my own eggs also, but that is up to the sweet polite young RIR roosters if they are up to it in a month( RIR roosters not really my choice, but I have them and they are nice.). The chicks from this batch will be barn yard, mixed with the RIR roosters, but all my hens are currently pure. same as eggs listed, (but for the LB, PR, BO) I also have frizzle, AC, SFH, and Spitzenhauben.

Other than this hatch I don't have plans, but I may let a broody brood, during warm weather.

On my extra pure males, I may keep a nice one, but I have a breeder friend who would like the new blood in his coop, He will get my extra males in exchange for some other pure chick of my choosing.

This all starts at the end of Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom