Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I've read in the past, but okay 🤓.

I'm liking the new emojis.:wee
You cross extended black barred male with a duckwing (wild type) female the offspring are barred extended black/wild type females and single gene barred extended black/wild type males. You cross those together and you get 25% extended black/extended black, 50% extended black/wild type. And 25% wild type/wild type.
You'll get half barred females and half non barred females. Half single gene barred and half double gene barred males. You hatch enough you'll get wild type/wild type females with barring and wild type/wild type double gene barred males.
Those are your creles and they'll breed true together.

That is mean. It's another way to call someone stupid. I'm still learning the whole splash thing, so give me credit for trying.

http://www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations1.html
This explains alot. Still reading on genetics, one place I haven't finished reading.
It isn't/wasn't mean and not intended to call anyone stupid.
If you're replying with a response that you're still learning about or getting your head around you might include that in the reply so they know that they might want to double check.
Or if not and someone replies like I did that you can go back and double check yourself instead of getting bent out of shape and automatically thinking it's something meant to be mean or insulting.
We're all trying to learn here so all replies whether they agree with our own or not should be welcome.
And when someone has experience with a subject and knows a reply isn't correct they should reply with what they've discovered or know.

It isn't/wasn't mean and not intended to call anyone stupid.
If you're replying with a response that you're still learning about or getting your head around you might include that in the reply so they know that they might want to double check.
Or if not and someone replies like I did that you can go back and double check yourself instead of getting bent out of shape and automatically thinking it's something meant to be mean or insulting.
We're all trying to learn here so all replies whether they agree with our own or not should be welcome.
And when someone has experience with a subject and knows a reply isn't correct they should reply with what they've discovered or know.
It is very insulting to me, now please stop?
Sometimes I forget to explain I'm still learning, it's really no reason for you to get all bent all out of wack about it, and compare me to a grain of salt. Everybody forgets things, it's human nature.

You cross extended black barred male with a duckwing (wild type) female the offspring are barred extended black/wild type females and single gene barred extended black/wild type males. You cross those together and you get 25% extended black/extended black, 50% extended black/wild type. And 25% wild type/wild type.
You'll get half barred females and half non barred females. Half single gene barred and half double gene barred males. You hatch enough you'll get wild type/wild type females with barring and wild type/wild type double gene barred males.
Those are your creles and they'll breed true together.
That's kind of simular with what mine are to produce when I breed both my project birds together.

2nd generation females 50% Barred, & 50% Non-Barred.

Double Barred Males.

Here's the chick I hatched in August.
0821191448a.jpg
0821191448.jpg
Same parents of my Cockerel.

I find Wheaten to be the best to use when making crele since it's a dominate gene, & requires 1 copy to show.

When breeding crele using e+/e+ (Wildtype), or e^b/e^b(Partridge/Brown) it requires to be bred to the 3rd - 4th generations before any crele pattern is revealed. First generation is black, looking like regular barred rocks, 2nd generation has very little color show, or needs major improvement/Further breeding.

This is just my opinion.
You're basing this on your cross of buff orpington x barred rock and buff orpington x australorp?

That's kind of simular with what mine are to produce when I breed both my project birds together.

2nd generation females 50% Barred, & 50% Non-Barred.

Double Barred Males.
Ya but that's about all that's gonna be consistent with them.
You're gonna get a huge mix of things because youre crossing extended black/wheaten to extended black/wheaten and also both birds have one copy of Columbian.
Then throw in hetro mahogany and dilute genes.
Too many mixed genes for anything consistent yet.
I'd bet you could hatch a few dozen chicks and be lucky to get a handful that were the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom