Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'm not saying they aren't wheaten, I'm just saying that the amount of coloring in your F1 is due to buff, because if you used a wheaten chicken (like a wheaten marans) the chicks would be black in your first generation.
Speaking of your F1 cross, do you have any recent pictures of your F1 hens? I'd like to see them.
You mean my buff Orpington/Australorp cross hens that I used for the project, no I haven't taken any recent pictures of them.
One of them has a bad case of favus that I'm finally winning the battle with. She's finally regrowing her feathers. She was also over mated by our last rooster which left her back bald.

First off post pics of the "pair" you're talking about.
Just to make sure we're talking about the same two birds.
Then what's the minimum amount of chicks hatched in this experiment?
Got to be more then just 3 or 4 or so. Hate to think you may hatch dozens but then only pick and show a few that look similar. Sorry just my untrusting nature.
Also what do you mean by....

When qualifies as "grown up"? Hate to have to wait a year to say they're grown.
How about as chicks? If you hatch a variety of colors/patterns such as yellow, black, chipmunk striped, etc. Would we still have to wait till they're grown or would the obvious differences count?
These two.
1115191537.jpg
0116201424.jpg
Unless you were talking about the parents of these two.

We can go with chicks. What would be the loser color if produced?

If any are pencilled when grown, or have no barring I'll lose, how is that?

Black, & Toasted Marshmallow Brown with faint chipmunk is the most common that'll hatch out.
I normally do small batches of different types averaging 2-3 eggs. My incubators hold 56 eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom