Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I want to do a breeding “project”, but the problem is I may end up with more roosters like mine... The only roo I have (And may ever have of his breed-) is an absolute jerk...

If I don’t hatch randomly, here’s the possible mixed breeds between my chickens...

Possible combos -
Amberlink (pure)
Amberlink x Rhode Island Red (technically just an Amberlink with more RIR)
Amberlink x Easter Egger (Possible green-egg layer coming from this.)
Amberlink x White Leghorn (technically just an Amberlink, but with more WLH)
Amberlink x Silver Laced Wyandotte (may be VERY pretty...)
Amberlink x Plymouth Blue Rock (This is actually, well, technically, 4 different breeds mixed!)
Amberlink x (Blue mix with unspecified breed.)

I will be hatching 5 chicks this spring to expand my free-ranging flock of 12. (Any suggestions on what I should try incubating?)
Do you have a different Rooster you can use for breeding, who isn't a jerk? The jerkiness from the father will pass down to the male offspring.

I like the color of your Orpingtons. I understand that you can come close to this color by breeding a partridge rock with a barred rock, but it doesn't necessarily breed true. It also reminds me of the color of the Bielefelder, that new (in the USA anyway) autosexing breed from Germany. When it comes time to start a new flock, I've thought about Bielefelders. An autosexing breed sounds cool, as does a German breed (I'm Pennsylvania Dutch).

I like the color of your Orpingtons. I understand that you can come close to this color by breeding a partridge rock with a barred rock, but it doesn't necessarily breed true. It also reminds me of the color of the Bielefelder, that new (in the USA anyway) autosexing breed from Germany. When it comes time to start a new flock, I've thought about Bielefelders. An autosexing breed sounds cool, as does a German breed (I'm Pennsylvania Dutch).
I've heard of the Beilefelders.
The Crele coloring in Orpingtons is actually more complex then breeding Partride Orpington to a Barred Orpington since the first Orpingtons were Buff originally, & most Orpingtons still have wheaten hidden in their genetics.

If they were only Partridge, & Barred based, their genetics will only show this - Male: e^b/e^b, B/B
Females: e^b/e^b, B/-

Since they have hidden Wheaten genes from Buff they also have diluters. This will show as- Males: e^b/e^b, B/B, E^Wh/E^Wh, Mh/Mh, Di/Di, Co/Co, Db/Db

Females- e^b/e^b, B/-, E^Wh/E^Wh, Mh/Mh, Di/Di, Co/Co, Db/Db

Mine are only Wheaten, & Barred Based, but do show hidden partridge genes within their genetics which still make them Crele.

So there's no confusion, I'm talking about Orpingtons.
Questions, feel free to ask?

Last edited:
Here's my EE that I'm going to be using for my Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl project.
Updated Pictures:
0114201228.jpg
0114201229.jpg
0114201229a.jpg
He looks to have a quite a bit of Game in him.

I would like to get the APA book of poultry Standard Of Perfection(2010) from Amazon, but it's over $400.00.
Without the book, I can't breed to SOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom