Chicken Dust Bath

Capto Veritas

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
North Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys, I just realized my small bantam chicken loves to dust bath, so I made her one. Is this to small or is it just right. I only have one chicken, and I used loose dirt and diatomaceous earth to make it.
57AA5604-05F7-43FE-827F-12EFE170CC95.jpeg

Hey guys, I just realized my small bantam chicken loves to dust bath, so I made her one. Is this to small or is it just right. I only have one chicken, and I used loose dirt and diatomaceous earth to make it.View attachment 2657228
I think it’s good, only thing is YOU NEED MORE CHICKENS!!!! You can’t just have one, she will more than likely get depressed and get sick or start being lethargic, so you need to find more chicks ASAP!

I use an 18 wheeler brake drum. They still dig holes all over.

X2 get another chicken. They are social animals and need a "flock" so just having one isn't good on it.

How soon? Would a week be okay! She still seems pretty happy even though she is the only one.
I’m sure she will be fine for a week. But you do need more chickens. Out of curiosity, why do you have only one? And how big is the coop? I would recommend having a total of 3, that ways if one passes/gets sick, they will have each other.

I’m sure she will be fine for a week. But you do need more chickens. Out of curiosity, why do you have only one? And how big is the coop? I would recommend having a total of 3, that ways if one passes/gets sick, they will have each other.
Though personally I would get more than 3, just because they’re so fun to have... :)

Back
Top Bottom