Chicken dying will be putting down soon...very sad

What made you finally make the decision to put her down? Was she acting a certain way? Weight loss? Nothing could be done?
She became very lethargic, almost all day, for several days in a row. She also was eating very little, and losing weight. Her crop would never clear, and all she pooped was liquid all the time. In my case, the problems started about 3 months ago, and just progressed with no progress. She had good days, and bad days. I had decided that when her bad days outnumbered the good days, it was time.

She became very lethargic, almost all day, for several days in a row. She also was eating very little, and losing weight. Her crop would never clear, and all she pooped was liquid all the time. In my case, the problems started about 3 months ago, and just progressed with no progress. She had good days, and bad days. I had decided that when her bad days outnumbered the good days, it was time.
Did you have her tested to determine what was ailing her?

She will be like that sometimes. Then perk up, eat, crop clear out, comb and poop go back to normal. She was even gaining back weight. Today she looks terrible and I think it's time. But, she was like that before and completely turned around.

Right now she looks like she is trying to lay an egg. She did this a few days ago. That's when I took her back to the vet. She perked up over there, ate, pooped and came back the next day a whole new chicken.

I've never had an internal layer before, so I am trying to figure out what to expect and the best decisions to make.

Back
Top Bottom