Chicken or Duck?

What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Most of my Call eggs do have a green-ish tint, but they are new layers this season. Some of the ones I hatched from were older, and were more white-ish.

All of the duck eggs I have touched do have a different feel from chicken eggs. Like a waxy sorta feel.

So by looks, it looks to me like a chicken egg, but if its still alive and the others have all hatched fine, I would guess duck. Any possibility of turkey?? :oops:

Excited to see what happens. :D

@diamondsilkies If you give your approximate location, maybe someone near you has Call ducks. Or check out the Call duck threads, just in case.

Good luck!

IMG_3356.JPG
Call eggs just put into incubator yesterday...Green.
Interested in seeing what hatches? Maybe a Turkey like WV thought?
Not sure?

Four large duck eggs

Four peafowl eggs

Four pea eggs (above)
Four duck eggs (below)

Largest pea egg next to largest duck egg

Largest pea egg, large turkey egg, large duck egg.

114 gram pea egg next to turkey egg
Edited to put pictures in a spoiler.

Last edited:
Four large duck eggs

Four peafowl eggs

Four pea eggs (above)
Four duck eggs (below)

Largest pea egg next to largest duck egg

Largest pea egg, large turkey egg, large duck egg.

114 gram pea egg next to turkey egg
Yes...Different breed of Duck...Mallard derived Ducks lay green eggs...Ask Ravynscroft...Got my info from her..

I have Mallard derived ducks {Runners and Buffs } and neither lays a greenish egg

Yeah, my welshies which are mallard derived don't lay green eggs and I just started getting my first Call eggs and they aren't green either. In fact, most of the eggs I got from Ravyn weren't green. Nor were the other Call eggs I bought from a different breeder.

Back
Top Bottom