Chicken owner charged after shooting dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I"ve silently followed this thread, and the awful situation Ed was placed in. I can't remain silent anymore.

Huge hugs and prayers to Ed and his family. I'm truly sorry that our legal system failed you. I'm sorry you're having to live in a place with police officers that would rather go after the victim, than the perpetrator. I'm sorry you've had to deal with police officers with no b@lls, who fold under pressure, and who do not follow the law that they swore to protect.

I've been in a similar situation with roaming dogs, and instead of them having to pay for my dog's dislocated hip, and multipe stitches, I was charged for using foul language.
roll.png
Dog owners were not charged, cited, nothing, and continue to let their dog roam free while my elder beagle was not even safe SLEEPING beside the back door!!

Ed, I didn't have the strength nor health to fit back then. I do now. I'm behind you 100%! I would DEMAND the city reimburse me for that vet bill, and the cremation. They arrested under false pretenses, and did NOT uphold the law! I would hire the best darn lawyer money could buy (and you might be able to get one to take this on pro bono!), and go after the city, the police officers, as well as Gapps. So many unfair, and immoral acts were committed by all of them! THEY are the ones who should be paying for ALL of your expenses, including the price of the lawyer, the repairing of fences, the emotional stress your whole family was and still is under, the emotional abuse your children had to insure from witnessing this incident that could have been complete avoided, had Gapps followed the law! By the time I was done, I'd have enough to fence in my entire property with chain link fencing, and those slats that make it look like a solid wall.

Please continue to fight for your rights. Send your story to every agency you can think of that would be willing to help out. Let the NRA know. Go back in front of the media and tell the REAL story about what happened!

Phhht! That dog could have been run over for all we know. Animal cruelty charges are a joke, people hunt and shoot animals all the time for sport and sustinance. You do not see them being sited for animal cruelty.

Shooting an animal is not near as inhumane as people try to make it. Anyone who has done any amount of large game hunting knows it. Many times deer hardly realize they'll been hit and even go back to browsing for food! I know people who used to raise sled dogs in Alaska, and when I dog needed to be euthanized they didn't wait until the Vet office opened on Monday, they simply took the dog into the woods where the others dogs couldn't see and shoot them. These are people who love and raise their dogs, if it was even the slightest bit unhumane they wouldn't do it. A personal friend of mine prefers it over euthanasia because it's faster and less tramatic for the animal in question.

I would support you in your endeavors to seek protection of your name and rights. Because it wasn't just a hit to the wallet to pay for someone else's animal, but the media, police and Mr. Gapp have attempted to make you appear evil or wrong in your actions. You will forever be known as the chicken man who shoots dogs. This is not an exaggeration either! When my mother bought some acreage in the country, the neighbors came over to introduce and make small talk and one of the first things to come up was the guy on the corner shoots dogs. Come to find out, the man had a whole litter of beagle pups eaten by stray dogs, nobody ever mentioned that.
roll.png

Although I can completely understand you decided to just let it lay. It will take plenty of effort and perhaps money on your part to pursue things being made right, and I can understand you wanted to just allow things to become peaceful once more.

-Kim

I would be willing to send $20. Bet lots of other would also!
I had a dog living across the road from me a few years back that barked all the time! I'm a shift worker and sleep during the day when on the night shift! Dog was a problen but I didn't want to kill it so I got it to stay home and bark! I got some Ginnes and helped them find there way to a good roosting tree right next to the bedroom window of the dog owner! The people bout went nuts because off all the noise of thier dog barking in thier yard(NOT MINE) and the noise of the ginnes! When they moved I broght the ginnes home! No one ever really new where the ginnes came from!
cool.png

pips&peeps :

From my knowledge we don't have heartworms in the PNW.

Unfortunately, Medford has heartworms, or so I was told. When we flew our dog from Eugene, and had to have a vet health certification, they required a heartworm check.​

So many of us are willing to send some money to Ed--me included. I sent him a sneaky email a few days ago trying to elicit a response so I would have his email address so I could use PayPal to send him something, but he didn't respond.

Ed, how are we going to help? We really want to and it sounds like you could use it.

In Indianapolis, Indiana, chickens are not considered livestock..I checked the laws..so we can have them in the city limits. If they were considered livestock..then we would be banned from having them in the city limits.

I feel the chicken man did the right thing...a stray dog running in his yard is a threat to his family and pets..including chickens. The man who let his dog run wild is in the wrong..I feel for the dog since it had to pay the ultimate price because of a lazy owners actions of not keeping the dog on the leash.

People need to realize that letting their dogs run wild is a danger to all.

Has nothing to do with this thread.

Heartworms a everywhere. I would not have a dog with out giving him heartworm preventative, no matter where I lived.

Quote:
And that's the issue. That's the message I'd like to see Cesar help get out. The clue stick beatting these people need would be better served by an avid dog lover / celebrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom