Chicken sale, cleveland georgia

Quote:
Has anyone been here, I live in Dallas, and would like to go to this one. Can anyone give me any information? Thanks so much.

I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I went to the auction in Chattanooga 2 weeks ago. They have the small animals every other Friday. I bought 5 chickens. We had to kill one little BR the other day after almost 2 weeks of isolation and antibiotics. She never got better. Now this week I had to put 2 more in the "infermary" with antibiotics and electrlytes. They seem to be doing better now. But I will wait a few more days to put them back in with the others.

I called the auction people today and of course he says that once an animal is sold it belongs to the buyer. I knew that. I just wanted him to know that someone brought sick chickens to sell. I just think that is wrong. Sick chickens should not be taken to an auction where there are other animals. I am not blaming the auction house. But people that sell should only have healthy animals. I know most are cull animals, but they should not be sick.

That's all I have to say. Just be careful when going to an animal auction because there is no telling what you will be bringing home with you, in a cage or on your feet.

Kris

Back
Top Bottom