Chicken Shoes!

Pics
ok, my first pair of sloggers was the solid blue ankle high pair. Loved them, until they got a hole, so I bought one of the patterned pairs of flats. Those are so comfortable, I wear them to work. They don't go in the coops, except in emercencies. :D
The I got the tall pair, they split too. Duct tape worked for a while.
Now I wear the 3 pairs in the second pic. In a tote on the back porch so the dogs won't pee on them. Higher pair has better tread for really deep mud, and they are easier on/off. But the Mucks are warmer for the snow.
Camo slip ons, or the thongs are for dry weather. :D notice the crud on the bottom of the thongs. :gig
WP_20180306_16_08_02_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180306_16_09_05_Pro.jpg

ok, my first pair of sloggers was the solid blue ankle high pair. Loved them, until they got a hole, so I bought one of the patterned pairs of flats. Those are so comfortable, I wear them to work. They don't go in the coops, except in emercencies. :D
Now I wear the 3 pairs in the second pic. In a tote on the back porch so the dogs won't pee on them. Higher pair has better tread for really deep mud, and they are easier on/off. But the Mucks are warmer for the snow.
Camo slip ons, or the thongs are for dry weather. :D notice the crud on the bottom of the thongs. :gig
View attachment 1286069 View attachment 1286070
Apparently pee is good for breaking shoes in?! Duct tape 1001 uses! And you don't need to worry about holes just put your feet in a plastic bag and put your old faves on. Voila dry feet!

You don't seem to get shoes that can be repaired nowadays. So when you break a nice pair of shoes in its normally time to bin 'em! Great you have a saddler to fix them up! The comfy ones are always hardest to let go!
they are awesome riding shoes... I always get on first name basis with the saddle repair guy ... He used to repair harness for the BudWeiser Clydesdales when they were in town. But he started out in the shoe maker and repair busines. I do most of my own repair hand work but stitching I will pass on.

View attachment 1286069 View attachment 1286070
That's fantastic! :lau
I go through way to many myself. Cos I buy a new pair that are off limits for the barn and forget I'm wearing them and head to the barn in the mud..voila..new chicken shoes...:lau

I grew up in South Florida, bare foot more often than not. But can't do it anymore, hurts my feet..

:lau:lau:gig:gig

I have a couple Pyrenees mixes. And an Anatolian mix too. Plus way too many little yappers...:hmm

one 17 year old German shepard, one 16 year old Corgi x Sheltie both rescues, beautiful Black Labrador suppose to be my service dog afraid of the world... Pyrenees cross was trade gave a dog food recipe got a puppy girl Momma Fear the gsd adopted her
But Crocs don't fit right and I don't like the rubber...:lau:plbb

That's fantastic! :lau
I go through way to many myself. Cos I buy a new pair that are off limits for the barn and forget I'm wearing them and head to the barn in the mud..voila..new chicken shoes...:lau

oddly the 10 dollar pair of black rubber are my go to now... love that I also have a antique White sewing machine sews through leather and rubber nothing wears out

one 17 year old German shepard, one 16 year old Corgi x Sheltie both rescues, beautiful Black Labrador suppose to be my service dog afraid of the world... Pyrenees cross was trade gave a dog food recipe got a puppy girl Momma Fear the gsd adopted her

oddly the 10 dollar pair of black rubber are my go to now... love that I also have a antique White sewing machine sews through leather and rubber nothing wears out
All of my dogs are under 7 years old. Most 2 or 3. Just big.. lol
I'd love to see a pic of the machine! That's pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom