Chicken Swap April 4th Merrimack NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not shipping out till late May/June. They say sold out, but if you go below and click on standard poultry and then on what you want, there's a lot available
smile.png
I really want a maran, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. My dh kinda nixed the whole 'I'll buy 10 and sell the others' thing for me.

Quote:
Yeah, it sure is an addiction! A while ago, i ordered a dozen chicks to come in April---i chose April so i have a chance to get my coop built once the snow melts.
Meanwhile, we've gotten 8 more chickens from swaps---4 babies, 2 roosters, and 2 hens! All the chickens are here in my office, becasue i still have to build the coop!
At last, the snow is nearly gone from where the coop will go, and i ordered my lumber to be delivered this Friday. I think i might have to skip the chicken swap this weekend, just so i can work on building the coop. If i go to the swap, i'll probably come home with more chickens for my already over-crowded office, and i still won't have the coop built! Besides we said 20 birds was enough.
Now you'll probably tell me that there is no such thing as enough chickens!
lol.png

This is all quite funny! Cause we started out with just a few hens as well!
roll.png

Now just ask Rhett&Sarahsmom how many we have, lol. And I have two orders coming in April and May. Plus, I am planning on firing up the bator. Working on buying some eggs from some bycers and hatching some of my bantys to bring to the Milford swap in April. I hope to have some Mille Fleurs, white d'Uccle and white rosecomb chicks. We will see, last year I hatched nearly every egg, but they were mutts, this year, nothing but purebreds.
Need more chickens like a hole in the head, but gotta have 'em!

Quote:
Twins has a LARGE flock! LOL All friendly girls and boys.
And they free range. I love em and my horse is pretty good about "scary things" in the woods now. And I think it is because of the chickens being out there next to his paddock.
She gets to have all the breeds I want, but just cant have since I am in the city and harboring illegals.

Myself. I was only going to have 3.
Then it was "only 4"
Then "we will stop at 6" the 6th turned out to be a rooster
roll.png

So it was "ok. Done with 5"

yeah.. 5... sure. Now we have 5 pullets laying. 2 chicks in the bator and 2 more on the way. But they really dont count since they are going to be banties
tongue.png
Isnt that how it works? 2 bantams equals 1 standard?

k its 1hr and 51 min so I'm coming to this one cause I want baby goats. Probably won't set up but I'm coming to look around

Good luck on your April 4 swap! If its like any of the others, and the feild of dreams, they will come!
Just hang in there, if its like so many others, word of mouth after that first one, it will explode- look at Milford, NH for example. You was at the first one, which wasn't much but a good turn out at the same time, and its grown.
So even if the BYC group doesn't keep up with this, the locals will in that area.
I'm putting up flyers in 4 towns, especially feed and lumber stores!
Good luck to you all and most importantly, have fun!

OOPS! I realized tonight that my old price list was still up on my art site. I don't charge nearly as much for my paintings anymore. The updated price list is now up if you were discouraged by prices before, feel free to look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom