Chicken tractor accident

You are most welcome and I am sorry for your latest loss. My Son lost all of his Ducks and Chickens a few years back the same way, heads chewed off and bodies left. It was coons that got them. They are famous for that type of behavior. Do you have any of them around where you are? I pray that the netting protects the rest of your flock.
Yes, I think that’s what’s been coming after my chicks at night in the tractor. I lost one like a week ago (just disappeared with a feather trail with obvious digging around the tractor) so yesterday I built a smaller tractor for inside my run since nothing so far has tried to get in there aside from the hawks (that I’m aware of). My coops are too full to add the 6.5 week olds since I decided not to slaughter after the hawk issues. Need these roosters around for awhile longer! They were separated in a different area of the run when the hawks went after the younger birds and it looked like the main rooster had tried to get through the fence to fend off the attacker. My 3mo are obviously not up to that task yet.

That is great! This guy was doing fine like everyone suggested but unfortunately we had a hawk attack while we were out a couple weeks later. 😫 Found him headless when we got home that day.
So sorry to hear this. If I didn't have netting over my complete enclosure for my ducks I would lose all of them. Hawks are really bad where I am too. Hopefully the rest of yours will be safe.

Back
Top Bottom