Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY! A lavender orpington egg! :weee

I just received an email from the head of city planning...................... The roosters stay!!

I'm thanking my Creator right now!

Some pullet shots(#2 may be a cockerel). They are about 4 months.

Love the pigeon blue here.

So pleased with the coloring on some of these birds. I know they aren't perfect, but they are beautiful backyard birds. Kudos to @slackwater

Last edited:
:frow

Heyla... got room for one more? :D ;)

I'll do a bit of intro since I just kinda fell into things unexpectedly to meet ya all, lol...

I was born and raised on a farm in the farthest area of the Pacific Northwest, right off the Puget Sound... raised a bit of everything from chickens, goats, rabbits, ducks, cows and horses... ended up in Colorado for way too many years, went to college for Zoo Keeping Tech and took Animal Biology, Animal Behavior and Animal Training among others... decided I was miserable living in the city and bailed... went to Idaho to work construction over a winter (that sucked but gorgeous place) met my OH online and he convinced me to give TN a try... moved out here to our house on an acre and a half and have not regretted it since...

He said he'd like to have chickens so we got a few Production Reds and EE's... we had to build everything ourselves as we don't have a garage, barn or even a shed at first... we'd like to have a more varied farm, but we're on a huge hill and we work with what we can...

We decided we wanted to raise our own chickens from hatching so we got an incubator and I started researching... we discovered purebreds and variety and got hooked, lol... now we've phased out most of what we started with and are working on breeding to SOP as much as possible...

I continually research and learn as much as possible and I like to share what I learn along with what I've experienced... I admit when I'm wrong and love to hear from others about different approaches to issues...

I am very lucky to have a fully supportive partner who is also the biggest chicken enabler... he works and supports our home and I take care of our home and animals...

I am serious when need be, but I love windows and will open a few of my own as well...

Btw, Tombstone is one of the best films of all time... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom