Chickens Visit to Nursing Home (VIDEO link)

How sweet! What a great idea. Looks like you made a bunch of people happy that day. Very cute video.
smile.png

What a great idea!!!! I bet it's never been done before. I know my "seasoned" neighbors just love my chickens, and they bring her joy. I'd never have thought of therapy pet chickens though. Very cool!!!!!

What type of permission did you have to get, and did you have to get veterinary confirmation that your chickens were healthy and/or free from disease, and with whom did you speak at the nursing home to set it all up?

That was such an awesome thing to do for the nursing home!
They used to bring 2 dogs to the nursing home where my mom was 2 yrs before she died and she absolutely lived for those visits and would talk about them for days afterward as did lots of the others. The ones that didn't have family visit often were just thrilled with the visits from them and I'm sure you made everyone's day with your chicken sweethearts.

that is very awesome. Thank you for doing this. Our chickens are fairly wild, but, I'm hopeful to be able to do something like this someday.

Quote:
This is where my grandmother is and the activities director jumped right on it. They didn't ask for anything special and they told me that they have had a petting zoo before so they are apparently very open to it. We were set up in a courtyard and the residents came to us only if they wanted to, so we did not actually take them inside. Some that did not come out watched through the windows. All in all we had almost 40 come to see them.

If anyone is looking to do this I would have a few recommendations I will be happy to pass along if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom