Chicks dying can't figure out why PLEASE HELP!!!

Everyone assumes that all chicken owners live near a State LAB and that is not the case. Therefore, NOT KNOWING what the problem, you must treat the symptoms. NO bleach will NOT treat Cocci, but it will kill other pathogens and that is a start. NOT everyone has access to Oxine and by the time you order it online all the chicks will be dead, and with every bite of medicated feed, you are treating (Low dose) for Cocci! SO, vitamins are a GOOD thing here, just in case they are vitamin deficient, and it will NOT hurt them one bit. Not sure why you would ever think otherwise? I am guessing these birds being so young do NOT Live on the ground, and yes, it you have a plastic tub, cleaning it up really well is always a FIRST order of defense in caring for chicks. Just saying.

LSU has a vet school that should do necropsies.

Call them and see what they require.

Sorry to mislead earlier with eroneous info.

Last edited:
They don't want the birds frozen, but chilled at my State Lab. It also costs to ship or drive the bird and the charge here is
$20 per bird. BY the time all that is done the poor little flock will all be gone, but it is always a good idea if you can manage to test the dead bird. Same goes for ordering products on the Internet, they need help today. And, it is entirely possible that a feed company left out something vital in the feed, and if that lot was recalled it could be definitely be bad feed. I wish you the best of luck. OP

Thought I would give you guys an update. I lost 3 more Christmas day and I have a couple that are still looking weak but the rest seem to be doing better since I started treating with sulmet. Just praying I don't lose anymore.

Back
Top Bottom