Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14)

I went out to the coop and one of my chickens was dead.

RIP Olive
hit.gif

O no, sorry to hear. Thoughts are with you.

(I'm not able to quote again, lol)

Surprising no, I have not candled yet. I probably should of candled yesterday, seeing it was lockdown for my first batch, but oh well.

I guess I'll wait and see if I'll candle candle or not :)

Two of the 13 eggs on lockdown were rocking :jumpy

Woo hoo!!

We got internal pip! Little N5 is rocking and peeping :D. This is my first hatch I witmess the full process.

My first hatch, nothing hatched (eggs weren't fertile) second hatch, the incubator had the fall incident so the chick that hatched didn't necarily pip, considering some of the shell had to be removed so it could be cleaned of bacteria from other eggs. :/ :( The third hatch I missed the little bugger hatching.

Enough about me. How's everyone else's hatches going?

Soooo sorry!!

Thank you :)

With our original shipment delay problems I am happy to report that after candling 4 of the 5 are showing good signs of development with a lot of movement in three of them. I marked the 4th with a question mark and will check it again in a couple of days. The fifth had a little embryo but no veins or movement, it just did not look like the other 4 at all nor did it resemble anything we have seen in the past with our duck eggs. We decided to crack it open to check it out. I've never seen this before. It was sad but very cool at the same time. It was itty bitty and you could see an eye and based on what we saw I'm 99.99% sure it was no longer developing.

Back
Top Bottom