Chronic Diarrhea? *POOP PIC WARNING*

LemonyCatapult

Songster
Jul 27, 2018
London, Ontario
I have a hen who hatched from my Easter egger rooster/ hen about a year ago. She has had chronic diarrhea for as long as I can remember. She is seemingly healthy otherwise. She did lose her feet to frostbite last year when she was 3.5 months old which delayed her growth quite a bit but she does seem very normal now. She eats and drinks fine although she does forage less than the others. I’ve had her on antibiotics, and have also supplemented her water with hydro-hen but her poop has always been runny. Any ideas?

Attachments

• F30358CA-BD34-4BBC-A853-75D9145525AB.jpeg
    F30358CA-BD34-4BBC-A853-75D9145525AB.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 9259C5A2-72AE-4212-A8BA-0F0C73252A61.jpeg
    9259C5A2-72AE-4212-A8BA-0F0C73252A61.jpeg
    742.6 KB · Views: 24
  • B5169212-F064-4B49-A22D-21FE65124F97.jpeg
    B5169212-F064-4B49-A22D-21FE65124F97.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
That poop isn't diarrhea. It may be this hen's default poop style. I have such a hen. She's had watery poop since the day I brought her home from the feed store eight years ago. She's never been sick in all that time, although she has always had a strong craving for drinking water.

As long as your hen behaves normally, there is nothing to worry about.

Ok, please nobody hate me for saying this....but that hen has the CUTEST nubs for feet! They look like cat paws. It's awful she lost her feet, but in the end, it's adorable. :oops:

That poop isn't diarrhea. It may be this hen's default poop style. I have such a hen. She's had watery poop since the day I brought her home from the feed store eight years ago. She's never been sick in all that time, although she has always had a strong craving for drinking water.

As long as your hen behaves normally, there is nothing to worry about.
That’s nice to hear, thanks!

Ok, please nobody hate me for saying this....but that hen has the CUTEST nubs for feet! They look like cat paws. It's awful she lost her feet, but in the end, it's adorable. :oops:
Haha she is the cutest. She lived in our house for several months while recovering and she became the cuddliest little lap chicken! It’s a shame she lost her feet but it has benefited her in some ways, she is very spoiled!

Haha she is the cutest. She lived in our house for several months while recovering and she became the cuddliest little lap chicken! It’s a shame she lost her feet but it has benefited her in some ways, she is very spoiled!

Ooo, a lap chicken! That's just even cuter. She is adorable, and she has such a good mom. Just looking at her pic makes me wanna give her a hug. ;)

Back
Top Bottom