Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Fertilizer/Pest Control

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Therapy

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other (please explain below)

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
It has been sunny and warm recently. I think spring (and chick season!) has finally arrived! Here are some pictures from the snow a few weeks ago, though I have to warn you, the chickens were not fans!

1614804053299.png
1614804096668.png
1614804142821.png
1614804165594.png
1614804187098.png
1614804283016.png

Good news, nine eggs hatched! I had to help one out, and I think because she was so late she died from dehydration. So eight survived, and I plan to rehome five of the eight.

We picked up Golden-laced Cochins and Black Australorps from a hatchery! The cochins are for pets and 4-H, and the Aussies are for layers to keep my family happy. I have been getting complaints about no eggs :D

I'll take pictures of the chicks soon!

It has been sunny and warm recently. I think spring (and chick season!) has finally arrived! Here are some pictures from the snow a few weeks ago, though I have to warn you, the chickens were not fans!

View attachment 2553699
View attachment 2553701
View attachment 2553705
View attachment 2553707
View attachment 2553709
View attachment 2553711

Good news, nine eggs hatched! I had to help one out, and I think because she was so late she died from dehydration. So eight survived, and I plan to rehome five of the eight.

We picked up Golden-laced Cochins and Black Australorps from a hatchery! The cochins are for pets and 4-H, and the Aussies are for layers to keep my family happy. I have been getting complaints about no eggs :D

I'll take pictures of the chicks soon!
Yay for the newly hatched chicks! Congratulations! :wee I'm excited for pictures! To bad the 9th didn't make it, though.
Chick season IS here! The closest feed store has already gotten chicks! Too bad my family won't allow any more. It turns it into slight torture! :hit

Yay for the newly hatched chicks! Congratulations! :wee I'm excited for pictures! To bad the 9th didn't make it, though.
Chick season IS here! The closest feed store has already gotten chicks! Too bad my family won't allow any more. It turns it into slight torture! :hit
A limit is a good thing. As a matter of fact, I find myself in need of one right now! :lol:

How is your flock? Is it sunny where you are?

A limit is a good thing. As a matter of fact, I find myself in need of one right now! :lol:

How is your flock? Is it sunny where you are?
It's gotten up into the 60s(degrees Farenheit) the last couple days! Today it went up to around 55. My girls are pretty good! We've been getting about 7-8 eggs a day! They are incredibly scruffy, though.

It's gotten up into the 60s(degrees Farenheit) the last couple days! Today it went up to around 55. My girls are pretty good! We've been getting about 7-8 eggs a day! They are incredibly scruffy, though.
Beautiful! It got up to 60-65 today. You know, we Americans should really measure in Celsius. It makes much more sense!

Enough of my rambling thoughts. Have you taken any pictures recently with your camara?

Beautiful! It got up to 60-65 today. You know, we Americans should really measure in Celsius. It makes much more sense!

Enough of my rambling thoughts. Have you taken any pictures recently with your camara?
I agree with the Celsius thing! The metric system makes so much more sense! Although I almost never use Celcius unless it's for some science experiment. I guess it's just the way I've always known!

I'm not sure what the last photos you saw were. Were they the bathing juncos or the ones that weren't? I've mostly just been taking TONS of pictures of Peanut(the leopard gecko). I tell myself I'm practicing for low light conditions, but that's no excuse for taking 80 pics in one night. :p I also took some of my cat, then edited in a heart in the background... um. Yeah. Mostly just messing around.:D
I noticed that my lenses are auto focus only, so that's annoying.

One of Peanut:
DSC_2078.JPG

The cat.
Untitled75_20210305092136.png

I agree with the Celsius thing! The metric system makes so much more sense! Although I almost never use Celcius unless it's for some science experiment. I guess it's just the way I've always known!

I'm not sure what the last photos you saw were. Were they the bathing juncos or the ones that weren't? I've mostly just been taking TONS of pictures of Peanut(the leopard gecko). I tell myself I'm practicing for low light conditions, but that's no excuse for taking 80 pics in one night. :p I also took some of my cat, then edited in a heart in the background... um. Yeah. Mostly just messing around.:D
I noticed that my lenses are auto focus only, so that's annoying.

One of Peanut:
View attachment 2556122

The cat.
View attachment 2556135
I plan to start adjusting to Celsius soon, I just haven't got there yet :lol: Maybe that'll be one of my goals this spring!

Wow! What is your cat's name? He or she is adorable!

I can't understand the manual focus, so far I have only used auto.

I don't think I've seen your bathing juncos!

I plan to start adjusting to Celsius soon, I just haven't got there yet :lol: Maybe that'll be one of my goals this spring!
That's cool! I'm trying to learn it a little bit...
Wow! What is your cat's name? He or she is adorable!
It's a she. Guess a common cat name and you've probably said it... Shadow! :p
I can't understand the manual focus, so far I have only used auto.
I use the 's' auto mode. (I honestly don't know what it stands for... maybe shutter speed?) It automatically focuses, but I adjust to shutter speed.

I don't think I've seen your bathing juncos!
C'mon. Now I have to wait an hour for all my pictures to upload! (Just kidding, I like sharing them! :D) I think you may have seen them before, though. I haven't been able to get close enough to wildlife to get a decent one recently. With Spring basically here, I'm hoping to capture some of the migrating birds(specifically western tanangers).
20210210_115947.jpg

20210210_115752.jpg
20210210_115859.jpg
20210210_120053.jpg
20210210_120202.jpg
20210210_120429.jpg
DSC_1812.JPG
20210305_120413.jpg
20210305_120439.jpg

(They actually uploaded pretty fast!)

Back
Top Bottom