Cluckawalla Valley has moved! TAKE THE QUIZ, PG 23!

Quote:
How's it going Teresa? I've been hanging out on the official Icelandic thread mostly. That, and shopping for a house, selling mine, packing, etc. I am so ready for this. Well, I think I am!

Quote:
pop.gif

A UHaul full of chickens.
lau.gif
You didn't have to pay a cleaning deposit I hope.
gig.gif

Congrats! I know you'll love living in the country! Can't wait to see your new place.

We really are hillbillies now. Just look at this place! DH used the packing boxes for shade shelters. Even the nice neighbors might hate us now!

Michael sent me these pictures from early this morning. I stayed behind to finish packing for the movers tomorrow.

34566_photo2.jpg

34566_photo.jpg

Hey, those look like ducks! You already have ducks for the new pond?
I want to see more pics of the pond please
where does the stream run out again?

Quote:
Those are geese!
They are mini Oregon Pilgrims from Holderrread's. I have had them since January.

Ok here's the scoop on the pond:

The NID (Nevada Irrigation District) canal runs thru our property. I am eligible to buy water by the miner's inch for irrigation. We have a well for drinking water and household use.

Here's the ditch:

34566_10056219_19.jpg

The little red box is where our water comes out and is gravity fed to the pond. Our excavator trenched and piped the water down to the area he dug out for the pond. You can see it coming out into the pond in the next picture. Those two black pipes on the opposite end of the pond catch the runoff and it goes through a culvert and down to the swale which runs through our property and down the hill.

34566_rednecks-5.jpg

With fresh water running continuously and the use of non-toxic chemicals we should be able to keep it clean enough to swim in. If you don't mind goose poop. It will take 3 months for the ecosystem in the pond to establish itself. The irrigation water will feed mosquito fish into the pond eliminating the breeding of mosquitoes. Small fish will also end up in the pond along with tadpoles. Vegetation will grow along the banks. It will take about a year for it to look like it's been there forever. Today all the irrigation pipe will be delivered and Monday he will start irrigating the top half of the property.

Awesome, love it
only mosquito fish? no bass?

what is a miner's inch?
looks awesome!!!

Yes, geese, hmmm
at least I didnt' call them chickens
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think our pond guy said maybe bass too. A miner's inch equals roughly 11 gallons/minute 24/7 during the months of April through October. You can buy it year round too. It runs about $400 annually without the winter water. It is well worth the money and adds to the value of the property.

Good call on at least knowing they were waterfowl!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom