Coccidiosis will not leave my flock.

Some of you may not know this, but years ago someone decided the powder dose was 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, but they did not understand how to calculate powdered doses and they assumed that that one teaspoon of powder weighed the same as one teaspoon of water. Sadly, the online community adopted that dose without bothering to figure it out and now the 1/2 teaspoon per gallon dose is everywhere I look, and I will guarantee you that it is incorrect.

Severe outbreak dose is no less than 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

-Kathy
Is that for the Corid 20% soluable powder?

...not sure if other formulations are even available, but I always wonder about formulations when dosages are given.

That, I couldn't tell you. The always pop up acting slightly lethargic, and I treat immediately. Appetite never leaves them and they appear to be drinking plenty. My friends think I am crazy to the extent I go to trying to keep everything clean for them and keeping them healthy. I've had a problem with wild birds getting into their food and water, but everyone says that is normal. The one I am treating right now is 14 months old. All my chickens are 7 months and up, so it's not like these are chicks I am dealing with. I hate to sound dramatic, but I am about ready to give up on the whole chicken thing.

You can get Harkers Coxoid in the UK. It's 3.84% against Corid's 9.6% (both are liquid forms), so you'll need 2.5 times as much if the dosage given is for Corid liquid.

Corid:
Liquid - 2 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 1/2 teaspoon for 7-14 days.

Harkers Coxoid:
Liquid - 5 teaspoons per gallon for 5 days, then 3 3/4 teaspoon for 7-14 days.

That, I couldn't tell you. The always pop up acting slightly lethargic, and I treat immediately. Appetite never leaves them and they appear to be drinking plenty. My friends think I am crazy to the extent I go to trying to keep everything clean for them and keeping them healthy. I've had a problem with wild birds getting into their food and water, but everyone says that is normal. The one I am treating right now is 14 months old. All my chickens are 7 months and up, so it's not like these are chicks I am dealing with. I hate to sound dramatic, but I am about ready to give up on the whole chicken thing.
Can you post some poop pictures?

-Kathy

And I appreciate everyone's help and quick responses. This has been extremely heart breaking and frustrating.

And I appreciate everyone's help and quick responses. This has been extremely heart breaking and frustrating.
I hear ya...
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom