Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Well I raised cochins and cochin frizzles for many years.
They are a pleasant chicken and seem to go well in a flock.
I always enjoyed the excitement that chickens get, when they expect a treat.
I think this lady's excitement wnent a bit far but to each is own!!!!

She definitely has a very... odd personality to say the least. Haha. Thank god she doesn't free range. She's so trusting that I'm sure she would run up to one of the resident foxes and get eaten for sure. She's not even afraid of my 200lb mastiff!

After stalking this thread for a few weeks, now I finally have my own bantam frizzle cochins. I actually have a trio of red, black and white, but so far I've only been able to get a good pic of the red. I was told they were hatched on 3/1. What are your opinions on this little one? The comb is a lot bigger than the white or the black ones'. Hopefully I can upload some pics of those soon for comparison.

Last edited:

After stalking this thread for a few weeks, now I finally have my own bantam frizzle cochins. I actually have a trio of red, black and white, but so far I've only been able to get a good pic of the red. I was told they were hatched on 3/1. What are your opinions on this little one? The comb is a lot bigger than the white or the black ones'. Hopefully I can upload some pics of those soon for comparison.
Looks like an adorable little boy

My frizzles

Looks like an adorable little boy

Awesome! I was actually hoping I was right and he is a roo. He definitely acts like one, much more outgoing than the rest of the bunch. He acts almost like it's his job to check everything out before anyone else can. LOL!

Below are the pics of the white frizzle I was able to get this evening. She's not as interested in being handled as the red one is, so I haven't dared to put her on the chair for good pics like I got earlier of the red. Her feathers are a lot different from the red and black ones'.

Awesome! I was actually hoping I was right and he is a roo. He definitely acts like one, much more outgoing than the rest of the bunch. He acts almost like it's his job to check everything out before anyone else can. LOL!

Below are the pics of the white frizzle I was able to get this evening. She's not as interested in being handled as the red one is, so I haven't dared to put her on the chair for good pics like I got earlier of the red. Her feathers are a lot different from the red and black ones'.

Cute babies
love.gif

HE is adorable!

My frizzles

Very Pretty!
She is a pretty girl also. White frizzle is on my list!

I am doing an experiment watching feathers on their legs develop. Is there anyway you can take photos at eye level so I can see the feathering on their upper legs - at the point of hock? - If so, thank you in advance.

Does the sun mess with blue feathers? My blue cochin rooster has a reddish tint to most of his hackle. I read that the sun can cause brassiness in white birds that carry red or buff but I could not find any information as to whether it does the same to blue feathers. You can see a little red near his tail in this photo but he has even more now. I'll try and get a better picture of it later.

Back
Top Bottom