Cochin Thread!!!

Hi,

I live in Northern Virginia and I love my mottled Cochins! I would like to buy bantam cochin hens, especially the rarer coloring like silver pencil or blue lemon. Please PM me if you have any for sale within driving distance (2 hours) to 22124. Thanks!

Hi, I live in Northern Virginia and I love my mottled Cochins! I would like to buy bantam cochin hens, especially the rarer coloring like silver pencil or blue lemon. Please PM me if you have any for sale within driving distance (2 hours) to 22124. Thanks!
you might also try posting on the Virginia thread... I'm also in VA, but southwest and not close to you. I also don't have silver penciled or lemon blue, but I will have (in the future, mine are just babies) silver laced, red, bbs mottled and mille fleur (when I get them back in a pen and unbroody)

the Virginia thread can be found at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/80/Virginia

and you might also plan on attending the Gilmanor swap on September 21. it's at Gilman Farm & Feed, on Chewning Rd in Glen Allen. (sorry I don't have the full address). I'll be there with whatever I've got available, but won't have a complete list until shortly before the swap, depending on what's hatched and grown enough to decide on keep/sell. LOL Gilmanor is the largest swap in VA, held twice a year. first Saturday in may and 3rd Saturday in September each year.

Last edited:
I orderd 8 Mottled cochin bantams from MPC there strait run hope i get a few hens would like to raise them.

Had two broodie girls who tried setting in the heat wave we were having so I took their eggs in the evening and replaced them with 15 4 day old and week old chicks. Both hens took to the chicks like a duck to water. Delilah is a seasoned mother and Joy is a first timer. She is the one all fluffed up on the left. Everybody is happy! The chicks include LF BBS Cochin and Columbian Wyandotte.
they are so cute
smile.png
love.gif

My LF Cochin Lily

She is molting right know so she doesn’t have as much feet feathering as normal and has some body feathering coming back in so she doesn’t look as good as normal.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom