Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
I was using a Lavender hen with a Mille Fleur Roo. I was told by my genetics guru to keep and breed the ones that looked like Mille Fleur, and then in a few generations I might get a Porcelain. The ones you got aren't the ones to use, I sold the trio that fit the project. But if you breed yours, save the best Mille Fleur looking trio and breed them together.
smile.png

Quote:
I like the Buff Columbian male that is the last Buff posted. How young are the others?

The Buff Columbian roo is the same bird in all 3 pictures, he's very young, seems to be at a "teenage" stage of growth right now. I just bought him from Erin Moshier last month. I think she said he was about 5 or 6 months? I think he's going to be pretty nice once he fills out~

Show the difference that the angle a picture is taken from . He has real potential. His secondaries seem quite broad. Shorter wider feathers often mean good wings and wing carriage.

Is this the cochin thread for LF and bantams? If so, I should take some pics of my bantams and see what you guys think. I have more bantam cochins than anything else and just love them.

Wildwoodcochins Those are nice!!! Is the darker female younger?

Last edited:
Quote:
The Buff Columbian roo is the same bird in all 3 pictures, he's very young, seems to be at a "teenage" stage of growth right now. I just bought him from Erin Moshier last month. I think she said he was about 5 or 6 months? I think he's going to be pretty nice once he fills out~

Show the difference that the angle a picture is taken from . He has real potential. His secondaries seem quite broad. Shorter wider feathers often mean good wings and wing carriage.

He's still got a lot of filling out to do but I agree, I think he has potential and will be a good boost to my Buff Columbians. Getting a little closer!

Quote:
This shows you just how deceptive pictures can be. I thought there was a possibility that these were all the same boy, and I was thinking of making a similar comment about him Craig. That last picture of him makes a world of difference in his appearance, I hope he stays low and round like that pic, he would be VERY nice indeed.
Nancy

Back
Top Bottom