Cochin Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Jun 7, 2009.

1. wildwoodcochins

wildwoodcochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The Buff Columbian roo is the same bird in all 3 pictures, he's very young, seems to be at a "teenage" stage of growth right now. I just bought him from Erin Moshier last month. I think she said he was about 5 or 6 months? I think he's going to be pretty nice once he fills out~

Show the difference that the angle a picture is taken from . He has real potential. His secondaries seem quite broad. Shorter wider feathers often mean good wings and wing carriage.

He's still got a lot of filling out to do but I agree, I think he has potential and will be a good boost to my Buff Columbians. Getting a little closer!

2. rnorris1234

rnorris1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Fort Payne, AL
    Big or small, we love them all, so please share your photos.

Quote:

3. wildwoodcochins

Quote:We LOVE pictures!! Please share [​IMG]

4. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    Quote:I sent you a PM. I was not commenting on your birds. If I had I would give specific critique on each bird I comment on.

5. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:This shows you just how deceptive pictures can be. I thought there was a possibility that these were all the same boy, and I was thinking of making a similar comment about him Craig. That last picture of him makes a world of difference in his appearance, I hope he stays low and round like that pic, he would be VERY nice indeed.
    Nancy

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I like the cohins you just posted wildwoodcochins. I have a few picts on my computer.

7. wildwoodcochins

Quote:Yes, both girls are only about 6 months old. The darker one with not too much mottling is out of a Jamie Matts hen. She has beautiful type to me, so much so that I don't even mind that she's not so mottled. Maybe later she'll get more. I named her Posey because every time I take the camera out she runs up and starts posing for pictures. She's very photogenic!

8. wildwoodcochins

Quote:This shows you just how deceptive pictures can be. I thought there was a possibility that these were all the same boy, and I was thinking of making a similar comment about him Craig. That last picture of him makes a world of difference in his appearance, I hope he stays low and round like that pic, he would be VERY nice indeed.
    Nancy

I hope so too! [​IMG]
    Nancy is your email your Pay Pal? Tomorrow's pay day!! [​IMG]

9. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    Quote:Show the difference that the angle a picture is taken from . He has real potential. His secondaries seem quite broad. Shorter wider feathers often mean good wings and wing carriage.

He's still got a lot of filling out to do but I agree, I think he has potential and will be a good boost to my Buff Columbians. Getting a little closer!

I've seen your hens and they are really nice. I think you've got the beginnings of a great trio there. I'm green with envy [​IMG] (chuckle)

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Buddy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lucky
    [​IMG]
    Snapper
    [​IMG]
    Boo and Bear