Cochin Thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Settler'sDreamFarm, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Huh? What debate? Sorry, I don't remember. [​IMG]

2. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

the color changes that the mottleds go through and how you know when they are ready to show

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Oh yeah, that one. Duh. Nice pics, thanks. I will post more pics as they grow, it will be interesting to see the changes. [​IMG]

4. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa
    I spent half of yesterday washing birds for Crossroads. 2 birds I had entered went into molt so am now only taking 9 birds to show. I am delivering several pairs of Columbians to Crossroads. I have 1 more pair available. Let me know if interested
    Craig

5. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:Good Luck at Crossroads, Craig, and to everyone else showing their Cochins! I'll be rooting for all the Cochins! Everyone travel safe and have fun!

6. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

how bad is it is they go into molt? all my older birds are molting but i have no others to take their place [​IMG] I figure i'll go ahead and take them anyways

7. Painer

Painer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of barring patterns and I love Cochins. I have recently found Barred Cochins and was wondering if any folks around here sold eggs or birds. I have some beautiful Barred Rocks but I am not very knowledgeable in the area of chicken genetics. Did the Barred Cochins come from Barred Rocks or Dominique crosses? Once again sorry for the ignorance it's just that I have seen some Barred Cochins that closely resemble a Plymouth bird in the face to me. Thanks for any help! This would be Large Fowl by the way.

8. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Quote:So wish I could take them. I have the space, just not the funds at the time.

~Casey

9. wildwoodcochins

wildwoodcochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Good Luck at Crossroads, Craig, and to everyone else showing their Cochins! I'll be rooting for all the Cochins! Everyone travel safe and have fun!

Wish you were going too Gail!
    Twyla

10. Black Cochin Bantams

Black Cochin Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Iowa

Wish you were going too Gail!
    Twyla

We will miss you Gail!
    Craig

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by