Cochin Thread!!!

My 3 do not roost either. I think it is because Stumpy can not roost since his one leg is dislocated at the knee. They lay in a pile together.
Mine stays to herself most times at night, during the day she is always with the BM.

How low is the lowest roost. Mine is 6", than 18". So he hops up to the 18" roost. My bantam brahmas like the 6" roost. They like low to the ground. Try a 6" roost. Most Cochin and brahma have a difficult time with high roosts and ramps, my brahmas refuse to use a ramp.
I don't have one that close to the ground so I will try that and see if it makes a difference, thanks for the ideal.

My cochin crosses hatched, all feathered leg, buff rooster

The first photo is one of the three Silver laced "pullets" I ordered last June. Don't think "she" is going to be laying any eggs in the near future, or ever for that matter. The other 2 pullets are seen in photo #2 (with the cockerel ) and photo #3. These are my first Cochins and I have only been raising chickens for a little over a year. I had not considered breeding as I was expecting 3 hens. But seeing as one is definitely going to be a rooster (hasn't crowed yet), do you think they are breeding quality? Any and all opinions will be appreciated.

Hello! I'm new to this thread, but iv had Cochins for a long time! Anyway, I just got this Cochin from my local feed store, but I can't figure out what kind of Cochin it is. If it's a silver laced, or a barred, I don't know. So if you guys could please give me your opinion of what kind it is. Thanks!
IMG_2285.JPG

Hello! I'm new to this thread, but iv had Cochins for a long time! Anyway, I just got this Cochin from my local feed store, but I can't figure out what kind of Cochin it is. If it's a silver laced, or a barred, I don't know. So if you guys could please give me your opinion of what kind it is. Thanks!
IMG_2285.JPG

Back
Top Bottom