Cochin Thread!!!

It's been awhile since I was on this thread - I've been focusing on re-building my Call duck flock after our move to the new house and haven't had much luck hatching any Cochin chicks, only a few new babies so far this year. I just HAD to stop in and share this picture though, it's too cute!
smile.png

Sooo cute! Reminds me of my Cinnamon when she was a chick.

This is her now. Her face is extra "glowing" from it being hot today. lol

photo of my new chicks, hatched them about 2 weeks ago, 3 frizzle 1 smooth. they are Black with recessive mottled bantam :O

can't wait to see how they turn out. I have tons more photos

yea, they are pretty crazy looking, its odd tho. They all hatched within 12 hours from first to last. Yet the first one that hatched is about 4 days ahead, feathering out wise, then the other 3 birds. he's got soo much more feathers, and he only a few hours older.

oddity, or something up?

I'm looking for two buff bantam cochin pullets, preferably show quality. I have one show quality rooster and a breeder hen....need to complete a trio.

Also, I could use two black bantam cochin pullets. My show quality hens are getting a bit old. I have some excellent black roos and want to continue their line.

Maine needs more show quality bantam cochins...and I'm determined to keep working on my flock!

I'm looking for two buff bantam cochin pullets, preferably show quality. I have one show quality rooster and a breeder hen....need to complete a trio.

Also, I could use two black bantam cochin pullets. My show quality hens are getting a bit old. I have some excellent black roos and want to continue their line.

Maine needs more show quality bantam cochins...and I'm determined to keep working on my flock!
Hi Joan,
Do you still have your CI Breeders Directory at hand? You have an excellent Buff Breeder in Hampden, Maine.

Quote:
Hi Joan,
Do you still have your CI Breeders Directory at hand? You have an excellent Buff Breeder in Hampden, Maine.
the last time i talked to him (via email) he said he didn't have any cochins anymore... don't know if that's changed since last fall.

i miss picking his brains about stuff. he was the reason i got into chickens in the first place... God! almost 20 years ago! yikes. i'm not THAT old, am I??? *sigh* hubby says Yup. I am.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom