Cochin Thread!!!

I have a lemon blue chick that has stolen my heart... and a family that we know would love to give it a great home... HOWEVER no roos allowed. This wee one's only 14 days old and has a budding crop of tail feathers. Is this an indicator?

So I was bathing my cochin for a show.... and under her leg between her leg and body on both sides are what looks like matted feathers? is this normal? wash and clean them and go on? or do I need to worry its something else? I checked for mites, etc.... nothing like that. Its a black cochin and it looks like grey matts on a dog.....

She had a bath a month ago for a different show..... thoughts?

Lemon Sport is a Lemon blue splash! Sorry!
hmm.png
It's a splash hen with the lemon hackles and lemon laceing on the breast!

ok here's a question... i've got another chick from my self blue split pen hatched... how light are self blues at hatch? this one's lighter than the 2 previous chicks which are black. this makes the 4th from that pen to hatch (lost one last week), the first from my self blue girl.
big_smile.png
unfortunately the other 2 of hers quit around lockdown. and i can tell who the roo likes best, because hers are all fertile, and one of the other girls' is. not sure which one tho. doesn't really matter right now tho, they're all broody.
barnie.gif

hatched out another from my mille/partridge pen too. got a 12 more eggs in the hatcher waiting for their turn.
fl.gif

Thought I'd post a pic of my LF cochin gang. They are growing quickly and will be an interesting change for me, since I have only experienced bantam cochins.

Last edited:
I have two Mille Fleur roosters I am especially proud of, please allow me to show them off a bit
wink.png

Ruby Rod is about a year old

Brandon is about 6 months old.

I can't take credit for breeding them, they came from Westknoll and Wildwood farms, respectively.
I just think they're awesome!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom