Coffee With Tink

Must not be much work to be done on the golf course now, unless you turn it into a winter wonderland sleigh rides.

The place is closed over the winter so other than keeping an eye on things (checking for pipe & water issues, checking to see that intruders like raccoons are staying out, being sure everything is locked down tight to deter 2-legged intruders, and such odd jobs) there isn't a lot of work. Things will pick up in March for the annual reopening in mid-April.

How are thing's going for you today? Out here in the desert it's finally starting to cool down a bit after the rain. Our monsoon season is supposed to end on Monday. I can spend more time outdoor's with my flock now. I have a new Naked Neck cockerel in with my hen's now, so I'm waiting for fertility to start showing up. I see him doing his job. I'm one of those hatch-a-holic's. :gig

Good afternoon! Things are going pretty well! How about yourself? Been preparing for the colder months earlier this year- which is much better than before it's too late!
That's good to hear. It is great when there's a nice enough day to let the chickens out, sit with them and relax, without worrying about too much heat, rain, or any stress. :)
Well, best of luck and I hope your future upholds many hatches! What breeds are you planning to breed him to?

Honestly... I am exactly the same. I wish I had more coop space to work with- but I always find a way of sneaking a few hatches in when Spring arrives. I'm always dreaming of new cross breeds and which birds to use. My best rooster was one I hatched without my parents knowing so that's been my trick ever since! :lau

Good afternoon! Things are going pretty well! How about yourself? Been preparing for the colder months earlier this year- which is much better than before it's too late!
That's good to hear. It is great when there's a nice enough day to let the chickens out, sit with them and relax, without worrying about too much heat, rain, or any stress. :)
Well, best of luck and I hope your future upholds many hatches! What breeds are you planning to breed him to?

Honestly... I am exactly the same. I wish I had more coop space to work with- but I always find a way of sneaking a few hatches in when Spring arrives. I'm always dreaming of new cross breeds and which birds to use. My best rooster was one I hatched without my parents knowing so that's been my trick ever since! :lau

I've got Roger in there with a full CCLB hen that lay's blue egg's, a NN/CCLB cross hen that lay's light green egg's, and some NN/Breese hen's that lay cream colored egg's. There is also a NN/Breese pullet that is at POL, and a mixed fully feathered neck pullet that should start laying in a couple more month's.

With my trio of silkies, those 2 pullet's haven't started laying egg's yet, but the cockerel is already getting interested in wanting to breed.

I have 3 shipped hatching egg's left in my incubator that are due to hatch in a week. They are mixed breed's. I'm also waiting on some more shipped egg's from another breeder. All of these will be added to my NN flock to add more gene diversity.

Looks like my chickens sloooooooooowed down with their laying recently. No eggs last couple of days. Last year was the same at this time. Days get shorter by a lot at this time. I only have 7 hens at this time. I think recently only about 4 of them were laying,,,,,,, and not that great. My aging flock is on low production mode. My 2 newest arrivals are my Seramas. Hatched March and May 2019. well,,,, not the best egg providers,,,,, but :love
Yes,,,,,,,,, we now need eggs from the grocery store:(

and here is something to share,,,,,,,,,,
serveimage

@Chickassan Good afternoon! Thank you for reading Tink's story and for commenting on our thread. You are most certainly welcomed here at 'Coffee With Tink'! You can actually talk as much as you'd like and to whomever you'd like... especially if you don't speak to them often here at BYC.

DSCN9889.JPG
Have a great day! Welcome to Coffee With Tink!

@The Angry Hen It's my next door neighbor's that have the fruit tree's. As much fruit that they give me from off of thier tree's I don't need any tree's of them. In fact, I actually give some of what they give to me away to friend's because I can't eat it fast enough by myself. Hubby doesn't like any type of citrus fruit.

Back
Top Bottom