Cold chicks

Can’t get to chicks they have had no head for at least 7. Hours will they live on way home now
This depends on a lot of things. How many chicks do you have? How old are they? How cold is it? If you have a lot of chicks that are a week or so old and it’s not much below 75*, they will probably live. If it’s a lot colder, or if you only have a couple, or if they’re under a week old, they might not make it. In any case, cold chicks often lead to sick chicks—pasty vent. So be sure to warm them as soon as you can and then give them probiotics to help their digestion and avoid pasty vent as much as possible. Good luck!

Hi
This depends on a lot of things. How many chicks do you have? How old are they? How cold is it? If you have a lot of chicks that are a week or so old and it’s not much below 75*, they will probably live. If it’s a lot colder, or if you only have a couple, or if they’re under a week old, they might not make it. In any case, cold chicks often lead to sick chicks—pasty vent. So be sure to warm them as soon as you can and then give them probiotics to help their digestion and avoid pasty vent as much as possible. Good luck!

hi
There 2-3 days old
It is 15+ celcies
It is 60+ farenhight
There are 6 Guinneas fowl
And there are 8 chickens

from Michael

How old are the chicks and how many of them are there?

Also, what is the ambient temperature without the additional heat source?
hi
There 2-3 days old
It is 15+ celcies
It is 60+ farenhight
And there are 8 chickens

from Michael

Hi

hi
There 2-3 days old
It is 15+ celcies
It is 60+ farenhight
And there are 8 chickens

from Michael
That’s pretty young and pretty cold. But it’s a good number, so if there’s hay or shavings to hunker down in, maybe they’re huddling together and staying alive. I live in FL, so it rarely gets cold, but once I had something similar happen, though for fewer hours. I had just taken the chicks out of the inc’y and put them in their brooder. Somehow their waterer got knocked over and got the bottom of the brooder wet. It was one of our rare days of cold....Then we lost power, so when I got home to check in them they weren’t even moving, they were so chilled. Just laying flat on their tummies with closed eyes. I thought they were dead. I stuck them back in their warm inc’y and they all revived within an hour! It was incredible. So...you may get lucky like I did!

Back
Top Bottom