College question???

polish101

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 15, 2009
North central
hi,
I was just wonder since most people here are college grads if you could help. I was wondering which college was the best for animal science majors. I want to become an animal nutritionist and open my own feed store making my pwn feed

Jeremy

I don’t think it matters. None of the interviewers I interviewed with were interested in my college or my GPA. They were more interested in how I meshed with the company climate. It’s all about how you present yourself at the interview. As far as one college being better, again it doesn’t really matter. Colleges advertise their individual programs as being "the best". If you are really interested in the subject you will teach yourself for the rest of your life. College is just to get you started. For instance, if you major in poultry science you still don’t know squat about poultry. It’s only when you start working in real world poultry science that you begin to understand. You really don’t understand something until you have years of dynamic, interactive real world experience. College is just there to get you started. Go with the one you like!

Last edited:
Many state universities have fantastic Ag programs. Check your state university's programs out. It will be more enomic for you because you can get in state tuition.

The only good one I know of is one in my state because...well...I don't know much about out-of-state colleges
tongue.png

North Carolina State University has a lot of good ag programs and stuff. I participate in the poultry judging competition every year, which is held up there. They have a huge campus with a lot of animals/animal related things. Like the chickens, for example.
I'm going there to be a veterinarian. They're one of the top 5 veterinary schools in the country.

Oh I also forgot, my Ag. teacher went there
tongue.png
He does the FFA and all the agriculture/animal science classes at my school.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom