Coming Soon... And They're Here! *Pictures* UPDATE PG. 7

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Louieandthecrew, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Okay, I ordered my fifteen female Buff Orpington chicks from Meyer Hatchery! They should arrive anytime between March 1-3 [​IMG] Along with that, I've decided to get three Welsummer hens for my Wellie rooster [​IMG] So, after my chicks get here and my Wellie hens, all in all I'll have:

Sixteen Buff Orpingtons - Fifteen hens and one rooster
    Four Welsummers - Three hens and one rooster
    My Red Cochin rooster - He is the last one left from my first ever clutch or chicks
    And my Red Sex Link hen [​IMG]

Can't wait for them to arrive and to sell my other four roosters that I need to get rid of now [​IMG] Thanks for looking!

Countdown:
    They're HERE!!!

I'll keep you updated as much as possible!
    Louieandthecrew

PRIZE: The first THREE people besides me to post on this thread first will get to choose the name of one of my Buff Orpington hens!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    yes! please keep us updated! i'm getting chicks from Meyer on the same day you are! i'm splitting an order with someone but mine will be 1 SS, 1 BJG, 1 RIR, and 3 EE.

3. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Best of luck with your new babies. I had 5 silkies hatch on Christmas eve... just love those babies.

D

4. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    How fun! I bet you are excited!! Buff Orps are adorable [​IMG]

5. Louieandthecrew

Already three people to post! [​IMG] Hah, thanks for all the nice comments [​IMG] I'll be sure to keep you posted.

(I'm going to go ahead and update the first post for tomorrow's countdown amount of days, because I do believe that I won't be on tomorrow [​IMG]

6. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    Congrats! I also ordered from Meyers and mine should be here on March 8th or 10th.

7. Louieandthecrew

Quote:Cool! What breed/breeds are you getting? I've heard a lot of great things about this hatchery [​IMG]

PS. I just had to say that I love Casting Crowns [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I have a countdown of my own going on another thread...

11 days...

Waiting on my 100 assorted brown egg layers from McMurray. AND 1 SLW Roo for my Mom's birthday present.

Anxious. [​IMG]

Keep us posted. Waiting on the post man is a great way to learn PATIENCE. [​IMG]

9. Louieandthecrew

Quote:[​IMG] One hundred? Wow! After my order comes in and much more (selling roosters, buying Wellies, etc.) I'll still only have twenty-one chickens! Haha [​IMG]

ETA: I saw that your signature says you have Buff Orpingtons [​IMG] How do you like them?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  10. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    My Buffy's are my favorite hens. They lay consistently, are quiet, friendly and go broody on occasion. I don't yet have a rooster, so they haven't gotten to experience motherhood. They handle the cold VERY well, and know how to avoid predators. I have lost Sex-Links to possums, but never a Buff.

BTW, Love your post signature. King David is my Favorite historical figure. He was human and made mistakes, but he meant good, and God loved him for it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by