Pics
Yeah, totally understandable!! And yeah, I was going to eat them if they didn’t find homes so I’m glad they did! Sure the new people might eat some of them but at least I won’t have to do it. I should have listed them sooner though. They found homes like immediately. I had no idea how quick it would be haha everyone kept telling me how difficult it would be to get rid of them 😂
Yeah, some most likely will get eaten, while others will live long happy lives.

It can actually be very difficult getting rid of excess cockerels. I took some cockerels to an animal swap last year, & nobody wanted them. Everyone was looking for hens.

These are the boys, nobody wanted.
0717191501a.jpg
0717191501.jpg
0620191446.jpg

It can actually be very difficult getting rid of excess cockerels. I took some cockerels to an animal swap last year, & nobody wanted them. Everyone was looking for hens.

View attachment 2065844View attachment 2065845View attachment 2065847

Yeah very true!! I’m fine with people eating them especially since I know they had a good life here and probably will there too. I just didn’t want to do it myself cause I hatched and raised them haha I do hope at least a few of them have long lives though. :love

And yeah I believe it!! I always see ads for roosters so figured it would be hard but I listed them and had two replies like immediately haha

And OMG those boys are GORGEOUS!! :eek: :th

I would have taken them instantly. :lau

Probably would have taken all of them LOL

Yeah very true!! I’m fine with people eating them especially since I know they had a good life here and probably will there too. I just didn’t want to do it myself cause I hatched and raised them haha I do hope at least a few of them have long lives though. :love

And yeah I believe it!! I always see ads for roosters so figured it would be hard but I listed them and had two replies like immediately haha

And OMG those boys are GORGEOUS!! :eek: :th

I would have taken them instantly. :lau

Probably would have taken all of them LOL
Two of these guys I hatched from my flock, the Easter Egger came from a barnyard mix.

Yes, they are gorgeous, but couldn't keep them all since I didn't have very many hens.

I wish I advertised them on here, but I was hesitant.

Two of these guys I hatched from my flock, the Easter Egger came from a barnyard mix.

Yes, they are gorgeous, but couldn't keep them all since I didn't have very many hens.

I wish I advertised them on here, but I was hesitant.

They’re beautiful. :love I hatched my chicks too but I got the eggs from a hatchery lol thinking I’m going to be hatching chicks from my birds though. :D

And that makes sense!! That’s part of why I gave mine away. Only 12 hens. Plus some of them were crowing all the time and being super annoying lol

And that makes sense!! I was nervous to try here and Craigslist but I met some really nice people haha

They’re beautiful. :love I hatched my chicks too but I got the eggs from a hatchery lol thinking I’m going to be hatching chicks from my birds though. :D

And that makes sense!! That’s part of why I gave mine away. Only 12 hens. Plus some of them were crowing all the time and being super annoying lol

And that makes sense!! I was nervous to try here and Craigslist but I met some really nice people haha
Yeah, hen to rooster ratio was the main problem.

Praying for mostly females with the eggs that'll be hatching soon. :fl

I never use Craig's List.

Yeah, hen to rooster ratio was the main problem.

Praying for mostly females with the eggs that'll be hatching soon. :fl

I never use Craig's List.

That makes sense! Do you have a lot of land?

And I hope you get females!! :fl

Last year seemed to be the year of the boys LOL

I hope you get girls!!

And yeah I normally never do but I had no luck here and they were getting obnoxious haha it worked out well though. The people seemed really nice and I had my dad go with me.

That makes sense! Do you have a lot of land?

And I hope you get females!! :fl

Last year seemed to be the year of the boys LOL

I hope you get girls!!

And yeah I normally never do but I had no luck here and they were getting obnoxious haha it worked out well though. The people seemed really nice and I had my dad go with me.
Thank you. Are you hatching any eggs?

Yes, last year was a curse with cockerels.

I keep my birds at my grandpa's house. He has 10 acres.

Lots of roosters can get annoying.

Thank you. Are you hatching any eggs?

Yes, last year was a curse with cockerels.

I keep my birds at my grandpa's house. He has 10 acres.

Lots of roosters can get annoying.
I don’t have any plans to atm but I’ve never had a rooster before until now so I really really want to!! Haha but they’re only 4 months old and not fully integrated yet (working on that) so it’ll be a while yet :lau hoping I get a broody though.

And yes same here!! Lol and I heard a couple other stories about that too. And people getting all drakes. I think last year was cursed LMAO

Oh wow that’s awesome!! We only have 2 1/2 haha

Yes for sure!! Two in particular were very loud lol lots of crowing, copying the egg song, etc. and they crow all morning lol this morning they crowed for an hour straight. Yesterday they had a crow off lol kinda funny but also glad to be rid of them :lau :oops:

View attachment 2065844View attachment 2065845View attachment 2065847
Wow those are beautiful! If they were free or even just a small sum I would've taken them. Especially if they weren't aggressive (probably wouldn't if they were). So did you wind up eating them?

Wow those are beautiful! If they were free or even just a small sum I would've taken them. Especially if they weren't aggressive (probably wouldn't if they were). So did you wind up eating them?
Thank you.

Yes, I did end up eating them. Felt as if we didn't have much of a choice, but too.

They were very friendly, but also brats as they got to 5 1/2 - 6 months old.

I was originally trying to sell them for $10.00 at an animal swap.

Back
Top Bottom