I don’t have any plans to atm but I’ve never had a rooster before until now so I really really want to!! Haha but they’re only 4 months old and not fully integrated yet (working on that) so it’ll be a while yet :lau hoping I get a broody though.

And yes same here!! Lol and I heard a couple other stories about that too. And people getting all drakes. I think last year was cursed LMAO

Oh wow that’s awesome!! We only have 2 1/2 haha

Yes for sure!! Two in particular were very loud lol lots of crowing, copying the egg song, etc. and they crow all morning lol this morning they crowed for an hour straight. Yesterday they had a crow off lol kinda funny but also glad to be rid of them :lau :oops:
We have lots of roosters, but have grown to get used to their noise.
We now have enough hens for all the roosters which is good.

You should get some Silkies, I have two sitting on 25 eggs, & a Silkie D'Uccle mix sitting on 5. They're super broodies.

We have lots of roosters, but have grown to get used to their noise.
We now have enough hens for all the roosters which is good.

You should get some Silkies, I have two sitting on 25 eggs, & a Silkie D'Uccle mix sitting on 5. They're super broodies.
I don’t think I ever could have gotten used to that one :lau unless he quieted down as he aged lol I don’t mind some crowing but he would crow and crow and crow and not shut up LOL

And that’s awesome!! I might have to haha

I don’t think I ever could have gotten used to that one :lau unless he quieted down as he aged lol I don’t mind some crowing but he would crow and crow and crow and not shut up LOL

And that’s awesome!! I might have to haha
Here's a few of our Roosters.
1115191537.jpg
1118191032a.jpg
0114201229.jpg
1213191503.jpg
0814191438.jpg

Yep, Silkies make wonderful broodies.

Back
Top Bottom