Connecticut!

Six is a good number. I raised mine on organic soy free starter and grower from countryside then switched to Vermont when they were at point of lay. For me it was about convenience too, not having to mix my own. Kids keep me busy as does the full time job etc.

Anybody from Bethel??
No, but I love going to the Sycamore for burgers.
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
smitty750.

Hey all!

I know were are the chicken peeps, but like I had mentioned earlier in the thread, my husband got me 6 pekin ducks. They are 4 weeks old now and growing huger by the minute!
between my job, the kids, the chickens, the dogs, and the unfortunate need to sleep,.. i just cannot keep them into adulthood and longer.

Would anyone here like them? So far, it looks like one of them has a curled tail feather (male). The rest are looking to be females.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victork

Hello,
We live in Bolton and we are trying to get into chickens this year but came across a serious obstacle. Both of our kids have severe allergy to soy and all the feed I could find has soy. The only producer of soy free starter feed that I could find is Countryside Organics but I can't find a local distributor. Another alternative would be to buy whole grains and grind them. I've called some co-ops but I'm still to find one that would carry wheat berries, whole corn, etc. I would appreciate any help in finding a place to buy whole grains.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Looking for local chicks. Black copper marans, light Sussex, gold lace wyandottes, blue laced red wyandottes, amaracaunas, blue copper marans, olive egger.

Ok so I have 6 chicks coming April 16th. I have a 45 gallon Rubbermaid that I've turned into a brooder, heat lamp and that's it haha. I know I need chick starter feed and bedding but what bedding? What organic feed? What type of feeder and waterer? And anything else I'm not thinking of? Looking to buy it all this weekend if possible.

Back
Top Bottom