Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Don't laugh, I really did that. I cant make this stuff up! :oops:
I knew you were being serious...that's why I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair!
oh yeah that reminds me, time to trim the kitty. We have a ragdoll, non-working AC, and a heat wave coming...View attachment 2173146
Pretty Ragdoll!
And oh boy, I know the humidity you get over your way. I'd have to brave a trip to crazyworld, um I mean Walmart just to pick up a window AC. I can't do heat + humidity, I melt.

Oh, that place looks wonderful. One of my absolute favorite places are libraries and book stores. Big ones, little ones, and every size in between. Both are places I'm really missing right now.

I'm like you, why pay $25 for a book when I can get it for $4. Most are library books pulled from circulation and are in great shape. I love to browse books stores of all kinds as well as thrift stores, but when I'm looking for a specific book I usually order it online from one of several large online used book sellers.
Anybody else have trouble blindly passing along a book? As in, to Good-Will type shop where many get tossed? I was SO excited to find a place that took second hand books. Even if they don't take it for resale (and give me cash ... or better yet, a store credit!) they have a place out front for people to leave their "rejects." There's always someone rooting through those treasures ... including me!

I must.. MUST go get a compatible camera phone, so I can share more pics. My old phone is full of pics and videos, of my little farm and chickens, but wont download to my laptop.:hit

There are ways around that.... Your assignment, should you choose to accept it.....
All Model info of the phone
All model info of the PC/laptop in question
Including OS level and updates
Network settings and "sharing" most importantly. You don't need to share them here. Have them written down in front of you. A few items we can PM about and we "should" be able to open the door for data to flow from phone to PC......
My usually struggle is the USB cord(the family use) has become damaged and has intermittent contact causes failed downloads etc.

"Have your people call my people... Well do lunch sometime. And remember, no Cap's."(smirks)

Last edited:
I knew you were being serious...that's why I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair!

Pretty Ragdoll!
And oh boy, I know the humidity you get over your way. I'd have to brave a trip to crazyworld, um I mean Walmart just to pick up a window AC. I can't do heat + humidity, I melt.
Be sure it's an A/C not an evaporator cooler. (they wont work) for your situation.

Anybody else have trouble blindly passing along a book? As in, to Good-Will type shop where many get tossed? I was SO excited to find a place that took second hand books. Even if they don't take it for resale (and give me cash ... or better yet, a store credit!) they have a place out front for people to leave their "rejects." There's always someone rooting through those treasures ... including me!
Our library here is still under construction, after it burned down a while ago. :(

I must.. MUST go get a compatible camera phone, so I can share more pics. My old phone is full of pics and videos, of my little farm and chickens, but wont download to my laptop.:hit
Try forwarding the files directly from your phone to your e-mail (there should be a tab for that under your "Contacts" profile.) You may have to do them one at a time. but they usually will transfer. From there, it's just a matter of finding a compatible program/app on the laptop to open them. It took me a while to figure it out from my old phone (a dumb-phone, not a smart one!) but it made a world of difference!

I put it in an email from my phone send or save the draft. Open on computer and save on computer

Back
Top Bottom