Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

*cough*

Um, people who sew have specialized tools for that.
(....for using with itty bitty sewing machines that is...)
I sew for really little dolls - dollhouse sized and tiny 4-5 inch babies. I've got a new project that requites more than just finger-pressing for some seams, so I just priced an itty-bitty iron to press those itty-bitty. Lemme assure you that my case of sticker shock is FAR from itty-bitty! Holy Cow! Those things are 'spensive! :eek:
I guess I know what's going on Mama's Christmas list THIS year! I wonder if it's too late to pretend to be good?

I do pullets depending on their looks $10+. I have just been selling chicks and those are $5+

Just be patient they will come. And what setup is too expensive? A heat bulb and storage bin. That’s like $20 tops. I can’t handle people 😂
I don't want to sell chicks to anyone like that. They would be feeding cracked corn.

I realize this wasn't intended to me, but I for one wished I could have home schooled from the get go. Thankfully it's much easier for families to home school these days and given all the safety concerns I'll bet many many more families are going to consider it now.
Our county is looking at A/B days for this Fall. Half the student population would come on A Days, the other half would come on B Days. On the odd days in between, they would have online assignments to do at home. Some of the more crowded schools would have A/B and C Days. What a nightmare for parents, students and teachers! And I'll have to seriously look for a new job. I'm a full time substitute teacher ... but with days split up like that, scheduling subs will be a nightmare. My hours will be cut almost in half!

Yeah... we tried to tell her that, that at least in years to come, she'll sure have some stories to tell about the trials and tribulations of getting married. Obviously right now it's upsetting for her, but at least you won't forget it in 20, 30 years time!
She could have an awful lot of fun with the invitations, though ... print them out for the first date ... cross it out for the Covid delay ... and again for the courthouse closure ... and when they finally get it settled, write the last date in BIG RED LETTERS with FINALLY! stamped across them. Could be fun, if played properly ... of course, Hubby will have a perfect excuse for not remembering the right anniversary date!

She could have an awful lot of fun with the invitations, though ... print them out for the first date ... cross it out for the Covid delay ... and again for the courthouse closure ... and when they finally get it settled, write the last date in BIG RED LETTERS with FINALLY! stamped across them. Could be fun, if played properly ... of course, Hubby will have a perfect excuse for not remembering the right anniversary date!

I think at this rate she's sunk so much into wedding costs (had a venue, videographer, and flowers for today, had a caterer for the reception that was canceled, etc.), she might have to just print her own invites!

We did call her to see how things are going and she said they were probably going to just load up the flowers and take them to groom's brother's house (he's ordained and was supposed to marry them today) and sign the paperwork to make it official. No real ceremony, the flowers are just so they can snap a photo or two. They'll order pizza afterwards.

I sew for really little dolls - dollhouse sized and tiny 4-5 inch babies. I've got a new project that requites more than just finger-pressing for some seams, so I just priced an itty-bitty iron to press those itty-bitty. Lemme assure you that my case of sticker shock is FAR from itty-bitty! Holy Cow! Those things are 'spensive! :eek:
I guess I know what's going on Mama's Christmas list THIS year! I wonder if it's too late to pretend to be good?
Yes, they are very spendy! (One is on my Christmas list too) Holy Cow is right. About 12 years ago when sewing and quilting started getting a resurgence, prices started climbing quickly and steadily for all things sewing related. And they haven't slowed down at All!
Kinda like the price of all things chickens. Remember when you could order chicks for $1.20?

Little blocks. SOOO not my thing. I made myself and a friend matching quilted wall hangings of a sewing machine. Some of the pieced blocks, finished size, were only 2 inches! 😶
Guess who burnt her fingers trying to press those little babies flat??
Let's just say a postage stamp quilt will NEVER be on my to-do list! Nope. No Way.
Our county is looking at A/B days for this Fall. Half the student population would come on A Days, the other half would come on B Days. On the odd days in between, they would have online assignments to do at home. Some of the more crowded schools would have A/B and C Days. What a nightmare for parents, students and teachers! And I'll have to seriously look for a new job. I'm a full time substitute teacher ... but with days split up like that, scheduling subs will be a nightmare. My hours will be cut almost in half!
I've heard about the A/B (C) schedule ideas in general. Don't know what what to think about it yet.
Kiddo did so well finishing up this last school year online/at home, I'm seriously considering doing all of next year like that if we can. So far I haven't hear a peep out of our district other than next years start date "come heck or high water."

Last edited:
I don't want to sell chicks to anyone like that. They would be feeding cracked corn.

We used to sell guinea chicks until the demand fell off and I got tired of dealing with the stupid birds and people. The guy that put more birds then I was comfortable with in a box he brought then stuffed it behind the seat for the ride home. Then there was screwdriver girl she needed some serious help. She came out with her grandad, a nice guy but didn't know how to deal with his granddaughter. He always brought a couple box traps to put the guineas in, fully feathered started birds. While we were talking after loading the birds his granddaughter picked up a big screwdriver and started stapping at the guineas through the cage wire.

I realize this wasn't intended to me, but I for one wished I could have home schooled from the get go. Thankfully it's much easier for families to home school these days and given all the safety concerns I'll bet many many more families are going to consider it now.

My soon to be 8th grader is asking me if I'll consider it .....

Way too late!!:plbb:lau:gig

Back
Top Bottom