Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

That's obviously not the PERFECT solution ... but it's a pretty cool one! While they're eating their pizza, make sure that someone is outside decorating the living daylights out of their car ... then make sure someone videos their discovery and departure. THAT should be memorable!

I have to call them and see what ended up happening... if they even decided to sign the paperwork or not. Figured they'd send a blanket "It's Official!" text or something, but nothing so far.

I would be very proud of my girl too! A graduate yay! Probably best of class or close to it, too. :wee
Best in MY eyes, anyway ... but definitely a good one - all honors classes, very high avg, Teacher Assistant. Gr. Champion Guernseys at the County Fair two of the last three years - reserve the time in between. BIS rooster her first year in chickens, reserve the year after, and consistent blues at the State Fair. Girl Scout, 4H Camp Counselor, competitive Marching Band, I could go on, but then you would think I was bragging (sheepish grin!)

Then we have Dear Son, who just peeked down the stairs to tell me that he has ordered a chicken and an egg off Amazon ... then added "I'll let you know," and disappeared back upstairs.
{{ ... SIGH ...}}

Best in MY eyes, anyway ... but definitely a good one - all honors classes, very high avg, Teacher Assistant. Gr. Champion Guernseys at the County Fair two of the last three years - reserve the time in between. BIS rooster her first year in chickens, reserve the year after, and consistent blues at the State Fair. Girl Scout, 4H Camp Counselor, competitive Marching Band, I could go on, but then you would think I was bragging (sheepish grin!)

Then we have Dear Son, who just peeked down the stairs to tell me that he has ordered a chicken and an egg off Amazon ... then added "I'll let you know," and disappeared back upstairs.
{{ ... SIGH ...}}
MROO, That is exactly what I figured. :thumbsup

Thanks! She's a GREAT kid ... errrr ... young woman, so grown up all of a sudden! :(
And as the resident Gluten Free Baking Goddess, I think you should start a thread of your best recipes and tricks of the trade. Although not everybody has an issue with gluten, pretty much all of us know someone who would benefit. Personally, I have several friends at church who can't have gluten - which makes Coffee Hours and picnics a challenge for them. I always try to bring something gluten-free, even if it's just fruit. I could use some tried and true recipes, so I don't come up with any of that cardboard stuff. ... like the reeeeeeally nasty brownie recipe I tried, last summer!
The best thing I can say is that if you don't cook GF very often, rely on a decent box mix. Aldis even has some decent mixes. (psstt...kiddo loves the brownie one!) (ppsstt...me too!) (psst, yes I can make them from scratch, but the mix is easier!)
Trying to cook from scratch calls for a strange mix of flours to be able to do what one regular flour can do. Then there is the fact that nothing behaves the same way....and then there is the fact the gluten is hidden in So. Many. Things.

The other thing is that if the family/friends are truly celiacs, they may not be able to eat your offerings anyway because items made on equipment/in dishes or even near to normal cooking can have a microcentilla of gluten and can make them sick.
However, prepackaged items (labeled GF) or fresh foods like fruits that only need washing and kept away from anything gluteny are always appreciated.(trust me!)
I've been the one at the gatherings having to turn foods down, so we know to always bring snacks with us or eat ahead of time.
We GF'ers still appreciate the gatherings though for the fellowship and come to learn not everything needs to be centered around food. Coffee is still plenty nice.
(...and because it makes us feel really bad to have to say no thank you to questionable food even though the friend may have obviously tried hard to make something they think we can have)

Having said all that (wordy! Moi??) I'm happy to help especially if you have something (food) in mind. I have a gazillion books and years of trial and error. Heavy on the error part.

:love :love

i have several tweaks ot tidbits that i use to deal with them... depending on what stage i am able to catch or stop them ....

What my mom used to do when she felt one coming on was drink a glass of milk and go to bed in a dark room and, like you, try to sleep through it. We were all trained not to disturb her. 😳

Like everyone else today.... Wordy but, brief reply:

1) take a typical dinner chair into dark room w/blanket or rug to lay on
2) rolled up towel for neck support on floor
3) damp & cold or cool washcloth
4) classical music on just loud enough to hear over breathing while laying still
5) comfy loose socks for keeping feet warm
6) after closing door and putting something across the base of door to block most of the light you lay down with calves across the seat of the chair
7) thighs usually against or almost against the side of the chair with back flat on floor (while laying on blanket)
8) washcloth across eyes
9) I remind myself 'i hope you took some ibuprofen.... Alot of it!'
10) get distracted by memories associated with the classical music; hopefully it's a movie score. Close eyes and breathe soft and slower.
11) repeat 10 for the next 15-45 minutes or until the pain is low enough your ready to return to a verical nature.

Back
Top Bottom