Coturnix quail keeping laws, Louisville KY

AleckR

Hatching
Jan 7, 2018
Hi all, I'm planning on getting some coturnix quail but obviously wanted to check the laws in my area before doing so to make sure it's legal. Unfortunately, however, I've not been able to find any specific information on laws concerning the keeping of coturnix quail in particular. I was wondering if anyone has any information that could help me? Is there anyone here that keeps coturnix quail in Kentucky?

Hi all, I'm planning on getting some coturnix quail but obviously wanted to check the laws in my area before doing so to make sure it's legal. Unfortunately, however, I've not been able to find any specific information on laws concerning the keeping of coturnix quail in particular. I was wondering if anyone has any information that could help me? Is there anyone here that keeps coturnix quail in Kentucky?
My recommendation is to call your local game warden. Many states make an exception for coturnix quail. If they are not regulated by your state game & fish (DNR) they should be able to tell you which governmental agency is in charge of those regulations such as your state agricultural agency.

Back
Top Bottom