Countdown To Eggs! For June hatches šŸ˜Š

Chickens moved into the new coop yesterday. First egg today! :celebrateCoincidence? I told my husband they are saying ā€œThank You.ā€ :love

If I had to guess Iā€™d say it was a barnyard mix hen with a 6/11 hatch date (25 weeks old). Those 3 are named Omelette, Frittata and Sunny (side up). Or they could be from one of the 4 Hooverā€™s pullets. Hatch day July 5th. Theyā€™ll be 22 weeks old tomorrow.

9DAD1B21-E682-4322-A40E-165804A0636F.jpeg 7A177675-B2B8-442F-A93D-EAFC46DF1D84.jpeg CB582B48-1B41-4B4E-979F-19F7A14DFC67.jpeg 6F01F164-8DDA-4606-B346-73625B7865A8.jpeg

Chickens moved into the new coop yesterday. First egg today! :celebrateCoincidence? I told my husband they are saying ā€œThank You.ā€ :love

If I had to guess Iā€™d say it was a barnyard mix hen with a 6/11 hatch date (25 weeks old). Those 3 are named Omelette, Frittata and Sunny (side up). Or they could be from one of the 4 Hooverā€™s pullets. Hatch day July 5th. Theyā€™ll be 22 weeks old tomorrow.

View attachment 3341756View attachment 3341755View attachment 3341757View attachment 3341758
Look at all that snow! We have been spared so far this winter, very uncommon. I donā€™t envy you!

Waiting to see who will be layer #3! DS guesses our Cuckoo Marans. I think it might be the Buff Orpington. Hopefully it wonā€™t be too much of a wait! 10ish baby size eggs a week is definitely better than zero, but 15ish would be even better!

Not that I can see, believe it or not! One SLW has been very red from the beginning, but comb is small & I seem to remember one of my GLW was the same last year. We ended up with 6 out of 9 cockerels in the hatchlings i kept though, lol. My aunts will each keep 1, the rest will be winter dinners.
I am newer then you guys. My chicks are 8 weeks. Know i have, possibly 3 Cockrell out of an order of 16. Funny story there...I ordered 10 sapphire splash, female, and I canceled the order with TSC. I ordered 6 from my pet chicken because I could mix breeds. They sent me the 12 I canceled a week before the other 6 showed up. Unfortunately 2 failed to thrive so I have 14. Boy did we have to scramble to make more room. Okay... I'll shut up now...šŸ˜…

I am newer then you guys. My chicks are 8 weeks. Know i have, possibly 3 Cockrell out of an order of 16. Funny story there...I ordered 10 sapphire splash, female, and I canceled the order with TSC. I ordered 6 from my pet chicken because I could mix breeds. They sent me the 12 I canceled a week before the other 6 showed up. Unfortunately 2 failed to thrive so I have 14. Boy did we have to scramble to make more room. Okay... I'll shut up now...šŸ˜…
Thereā€™s always room for 10 more. ;) Everyone knows chicks donā€™t count toward your actual chicken numbers. :lau

So jealous! Delilah laid 2 eggs and stopped (nothing from her in 2ish weeks) dahlia still hasn't startedšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø they'll be 30 weeks this Sunday. On a good note my March pullets, Freya (favaucana) and Lilly (BLRW) are still laying, so I'll take that as a win, lol
Yeah those March birds should be good until next fall. Mine are laying really good and have been for a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom