Crackle or Ideal

Alex961

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Lexington, South Carolina
Hello everyone I am going to buy some silkies from ether Crackle or Ideal Hatchery. Which one to you reccomend and please post some Pictures of the Silkies. Also if you have any suggestions of other Hatchery please post them. Thanks! -Alex

I think its Cackle
lol.png

Quote:
Hi Alex961
I have never order from Cackle Hatchery. I have order from Ideal Hatchery for many years and I have always been happy with them.
smile.png

William Grace

I always order from Cackle & they have good birds. I haven't ordered from Ideal yet. Sounds like they both have good poultry.

I have order from cackle many times. I usually order twice a year 50 plus birds in each order. The birds are great qualty. I reccomend pre-ordering that way you will not have to wait so long. I got some BTW japenese from them and I decided to sale them(I always buy more than I need and sale some off) . The woman who brought them showed them and won with them in a bantam show. If that says anything. I hope that helps.

I've had silkie chicks from both hatcheries and I would say hands down Cackle for silkies. All were bearded had nice crests and foot feathering. The silkies I got from Ideal out of 5 I kept one partridge which turned out to be a hen. The rest weren't very pretty. I would order silkies from Cackle again.

never ordered from Cackle, did get some silkies for color projects from Ideal last year, wasnt expecting much as they are hatchery stock, but Lord they looked like buzzards, gave them all away, they were fuzzy that was about the only silkie trait they possesed. I wouldnt even usue them just for color projects, they would have taken too much away from the breed. Also heard of many others with the same problem out of them. They have great birds for a hatchery in their other breeds. But their silkies are horrible as bad as I hate to say it.
Honestly, if you want some nice ones, there are lots of breeders on here that sell silkie chicks, or eggs... Just depends on what quality you are looking for. From a hatchery, pet quality is all you can hope for, just keep that in mind.....

Back
Top Bottom